2009 Funnies

• I thought I would start a thread about funny things that happened in 2009. Post your funniest stories here.

These pics were taken from a trip this past year with Sasa and Chris out of Saint Petersburg. We anchored up on the spot and were all putting our wetsuits on (Rushing to put our wetsuits on) when I noticed a 70 lb cobia on the surface 2 feet from the boat. I grabbed my gun and loaded one band with my wetsuit half on and made a perfect shot on this beast.:thumbsup2: Who needs to get in that cold water and hold their breath?
    Chris and Sasa were pissed at me (Hahahah) for beating them to the punch:laughing3: Anyway the day turned out great and we had a lot of fun.

• Nice.

Reminds me of a few of my attempts to shoot a fish from a boat or a dock. I think the first time I ever done it was off Pantoja's boat back when we were just getting to know each other. We were gassing up and standing on the dock holding the pump he said look there's a cuda under the boat. Like a pro I loaded a band, put the gun and my arm in the water and shot it. I was glad to land the fish and impress my new friend with my aim, and at the same time display the superiority of band guns :)

A couple of years later (2009?) with another group of guys, after a day's diving that produced very little fish, we pulled up to a dock that also had an adjacent restaurant. We were going to gas up on food this time. We then noticed many sizable jacks milling around right under the dock. I must have shot at them 20 times and couldn't hit one. Until finally I hit something on the bottom. I had to pull hard to get my shaft back and it came up with a huge contorted piece of sheet metal which stirred up the silt and scared away all the fish. All this with the restaurant patrons eating and gawking at the blood thirsty spearfisher.

• I have shot a lot of fish from the boat in Virginia. Lots of spadefish and cobia from the boat and one Sheepshead by accident.

• i got a funny little disaster. another spearfisher and i were heading from hollywood up to ft. lauderdale to dive a beach neither of us had been to in a while. we loaded the kayaks in my truck (a small toyota tacoma) and got on the high way. his kayak being much larger than mine was sticking up out of the bed and above the roof about 4-5 feet. so we get on i95 and are talking and musics on and i lose focus and get up to about 80mph as usual. we here straps make a noise and look back and his kayak was flying along about 10 feet at least in the air and comes down in front of a semi. he says keep going cause he was worried about getting in trouble for damages to the other cars but i stopped feeling guilty for losing his yak.. so we reversed full speed down 95, grabbed it and strapped up and got on our way again. suprisingly little damage,, that polyeurehtene or whatever kayaks are made of is good shit.

Scupper Pro Gives You Wings!