• I got my kayak yesterday. :yay: I just got done rigging it and I'm ready to take it out. Its a Malibu Kayaks Mini-x. Weight: 40 Length: 9'3" Width: 33.5" Max Load: 325lbs.... All my gear fits inside even my gun.

• looks great Brew...welcome to the yak club >:)

I would advise you to consider what you'll be keeping your catch in once you spear some grub as that is a tough issue on the yaks.

if it warms up a bit I will try to come and join you on sunday...we'll be in touch here :)

i like to spear fish

• Yes I have already thought of where to keep my catch I haven't decided yet. I would like to get a cooler like Hau's I found them at Bass Pro but there like $60-70 dollars. Its says it's suppose to storm sunday I hope that changes.

• oo im jealous,. thats the same yak scott uses,, bet ur eager to try her out
    what kind of gun is that?

It is a Seac Sub Xfire 105. Its not exactly what I wanted, but I was able to trade some old stereo stuff for it. It is pretty much band new

• cant beat that, plus you never really kow what you like until you have dove with a gun for long enough to learn about how YOU dive and then you can fit a gun to YOUR dive style :)

i like to spear fish

• cant beat that, plus you never really kow what you like until you have dove with a gun for long enough to learn about how YOU dive and then you can fit a gun to YOUR dive style :)

truer words have never been spoken, unless i said them,
    well looks like ur set and u got haus old blades which are pretty bad ass,,
    i know this is a pretty schwag option but i just take a couple ice packs and some target walgreens whatever bags for fish,,
    did you get yourself some more weight?

Scupper Pro Gives You Wings!

• sounds baller...wish I didn't have work.

I think that 8lbs is a lot...I wear 6 w my suit...just be careful is all I'm saying...steve has ZERO fat , so that skews his perspective :)

i like to spear fish

• Put your weight on and suit and hop in the water, exhale completely and you should sink then bob back up to collar bone height out of water, this is prefered weight, if not play around with changing your weight to get to this point.

• sounds baller...wish I didn't have work.

I think that 8lbs is a lot...I wear 6 w my suit...just be careful is all I'm saying...steve has ZERO fat , so that skews his perspective :)

haha true true,, and yeah i here you loud and clear about work,, wish u could be there too.. why is it that work and school always seems to think that they are more important than spearfishing?

Scupper Pro Gives You Wings!

• Congratz on the yak jb, looks nice and compact, and the tribe grows by one.. The seac gun is an interesting choice, Joe here has one and I was impressed with some of its features. I'm not sure which model you have but his has an all stainless trigger mech and housing, the handle has a good angle on it and the whole thing is nice and light. The only disadvantage to it IMO is that the loading pad is pure torture.

• The only disadvantage to it IMO is that the loading pad is pure torture.

The loading pad isn't as bad as it looks, but its not the best. I used my weight belt as a pad to pull the short band and my chest pad to pull the other.