Palm beach kite surfer killed by Shark

• Forgive me if I'm wrong, but the less sharks I see, the better is for me. If I can kill one of those bastards, they will be death meat.
    Of course, they won't go waste. We eat them.

Marco Melis

A bad day fishing is ALWAYS better than a good day at work.

• Marco, I agree but sharks are protected here. I've said a long time ago that they'll have some fatal shark attacks here before gaining a new perspective. The process would be accelerated if the victims were tourists.

• my cousin saw the news about these shark attack and he told me that when they show the beach from a helicopter you could see there was lots lots of sharks there. he was on the wrong place at the wrong time..RIP...but we must understand that were are invading their territory, in the water we can just be a prey to them..most of the time there attacks r because they confuse us with their pray and they let go..other times like this one they must be really really hungry..they dont even like human blood..

• haha i believe you marco you can kill them... i have seen pictures of asesino and you..and i think a video of you guys with sharks..i laugh with the bastards word one of my favorites:thumbsup2:
    like monster slayer said You can allways allege self defense

• I hope this helps..theres more chance to get hit by a lighting strike than a shark attack....

That is true, but not for us. We are playing too many tickets on that lottery. I've learn to be more carefull when there are sharks around.

In Puerto Rico I haven't heard of fatal attacs, but one spearo called Dany was bitten in the calf by a shark that charged him when he tried to place a second shot and got too close to the shark.

The same happened to me about one year ago and I had the reflexes to place a good shot that entered by the mouth and exited by the ass.

This happened to Fernado two weeks ago after getting too close trying to place a head shot. This one was speared by me at the first time:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_RCH-scPwL8

A shark becomes very aggressive when speared. NEVER get too close to a speared shark.

Again, I would shoot them all.

Marco Melis

A bad day fishing is ALWAYS better than a good day at work.

• nice to hear the voice of the expirience...i never had an encounter like that..they swim close but they get away..only once i heard of some tiger shark in guanica about only 10 to 15 ft of deep water.my brother was spearfishing with one partner of ours and our friend saw him and he was like this:@ he went to tell my brother he was there but he was giving the back to the situation he was reloading the speargun. the when our friend told him he was like that :@ the tiger shark go far away then returned like stalkin them . they get out of the water. i wish i had the oportuniy to watch this incredible specie after all the shark is my favorite. i think is better to have a dive partner for sure.i know ill shit my wetsuit haha.BTW they didnt have any fish on their stringers.(sorry for my english)

• Shit Marco, that was clearly a self defense shot, no time to aim for the gills (which is a devastating wound) well placed thou. Very dangerous thing approaching him, dangerous as a wounded lion. One of those can rip your ass in a hot sec.

I'm a Speardiver, not a freediver