my new Speardiver fins

• not to be outdone by harold, i started to think about the upcoming season by spending some money on a new pair of carbon fins. the old fiberglass ones (nor very old i might add) split so what's a man to do?

first impressions, very light and high quality feel and finish as compared to my c4 and majestic (very good greek brand) fins. i don't know when i'll have a chance to try them out but i have a week to baja planed for april so i'll do a full report then even though i know it's already been done.

the other thing i want to mention is the quality of service i received from dan and the outstanding price. i really appreciate it and wish everyone in the business was not 100% profit motivated, thanks dan.

steve

• the blades are softer than my c4's and i think a little stiffer than the majestic but it's hard to say because they are in greece and i'm just judging from memory. if that's indeed the case, it is exactly what i wanted. the pathos pocket has a sleeker profile than the omer and much, much lighter. they feel much softer on my feet out of the water and appear to be about the same size as my 42-44 omers (the pathos are 42-44 as well).

these are going to be my open water (no norcal shore dives) fins and looking at them i think i'm going to take a little drive down south to try them out. overall, first impressions are very , very favorable.

steve

steve veros

in loving memory of paolo

• I know one has accused you of winning any spelling bees, but it's "pursuit". ;)

Sharp looking fins - I've been looking at em for a while. :D

• I have the Pursuit 100's mediums in Mares footpockets and I think that I'm done looking at fins and footpockets for a long time. Did my deepest working dive to date (113') cutting a friend's tangled AJ free.

• I have the Pursuit 100's mediums in Mares footpockets and I think that I'm done looking at fins and footpockets for a long time. Did my deepest working dive to date (113') cutting a friend's tangled AJ free.

Chad, be careful, 113 is real deep .. just saying :toast:

I'm a Speardiver, not a freediver

• nice to hear..we weren't questioning your judgment, just expressing our concern.

I'm sure you guys who have taken the class relish the chance to safely test your "pure freediving" abilities

i like to spear fish

• In Grand Isle/Fourchon, Louisiana the 30mile rigs are like 200-250ft deep; Out of Venice, Louisana South Pass 12mile rigs are +1000ft deep. Louisiana waters are deep deep and unfortunately a hard fighting fish will definitely get you into a deep fight. I do scuba for Amberjack, Grouper, and Red Snapper down to like 175ft deep. Now I'm getting started to shoot lemonfish in shallow like the 75ft deep rigs in Grand Isle. It's a start! Then when we go out deeper, I use scuba for the other deep deep fish.

I really admire griswold and lafreediver. They are very experienced and awesome freedivers. Lafreediver told me that he's been hunting down to depths of 120ft during the AA Freediving Rodeo! They all have mad skill and shoot some awesome yellowfin tuna and hoos! I hope that I can get to that level one day, but it will take some time that's for sure!

• With your permission Steve I'm going to correct that for the search engines.

Stop looking Harold, they will be the last fins you buy :)

oh yah, sorry.

thanks harold, now go to work.

steve veros

in loving memory of paolo