Hello from WIlmington NC

• Hi - I'm just found this site and am just getting started spearfishing. I have done some freediving/spearfishing 12+ years ago when I lived on a boat in the Caribbean, but then I moved back to Wilmington, NC, got married and had kids, got a real job, and never really got back into diving. I do a LOT of fishing, both from my 17' center console and my kayak, and know that there is a pretty big SCUBA culture around here.... But last weekend as I was bringing my boat back to the dock I saw some folks unloading a bunch of spearguns and - being a fisherman - asked them if they had any luck. Well it turns out that they were FREEDIVING and spearfishing - something I haven't done in a very long time and hadn't even though about in quite sa while.

Anyway, something in that 60 second interaction with those folks started a fire in me, and I wanna get back into freediving and hunting! So, I get to be the newbie here, and hopefully you folks are gentle with me as I ask a bunch of 101 questions to help get me started! Meanwhile, if there is anyone out there who is also from Wilmington - I'd love to hear from you!

Thanks,
    Kev

• Hey Kev... I'm sure you'll learn a ton of stuff from this forum. There is a great group of freedivers in Wilmington too. Check out evolvefreediving.com.... They also just started a freedive club there as well. Email me at hatterasfreedvr@gmail.com if I can help you in any way.:toast:

• welcome, glad you found it here x2
    p.s questions are welcome but also be aware most things have been asked and talked about in a lot of detail so search the forums (gear section, diving section etc) cause chances are theres a hundred posts about what your looking for. and if something wasnt covered continue it

Scupper Pro Gives You Wings!