What length is your go to euro/pipe gun?

• Sharks euro style shafts with mini fins and with regular size fins as well. I think Hau is using the ones with regular size fins. And yes, they do work on RA guns.

• #1: Euro 100, shaft 140
    #2: Euro 115, Shaft 150
    #3: Euro 90, Shaft 130

All euro guns (true euro, not like rife-euro) are measured by indicating only the length of the pipe.

If the euro 90 would pack enough power and weight/flotation it would be probably the most used on the NE coast. The Mako Oceanic with the 28mm barrel and 2 5/8 bands is a good move in that direction.

• I don't think that's the case LB. Riffe makes spears with crescent notches for their euro gun. hau would have to confirm.

Thanks everyone for your input. I know there's more of you using euro/pipe guns so please post.

Yes, that is correct. Riffe makes round notched shafts. I have been using them for years in Rob Allens and Picasso guns. The 6.75mm shaft is my favorite with a single 20mm band.

And to comply with the thread, my favorite "true" euro gun is my Picasso Carbon/Wood gun in 120cm length with a 160(?) 6.75mm Riffe euro shaft.

• Quote:
    Originally Posted by Dan
    I don't think that's the case LB. Riffe makes spears with crescent notches for their euro gun. hau would have to confirm.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by John Hanson_
    Yes, that is correct. Riffe makes round notched shafts.

Dan and John Hanson are both 100% correct.
    Because I shoot an Enclosed Track RA I HAVE to shoot full size fin shafts. And I have had good luck with Riffe full finned euro shafts so that is what I use.
    I would PREFER to use Pursuit spears but they are not available in full finned YET:rolleyes1: