Diver Missing Anna Maria

• Its always sad, but worse is not learning from it.

A couple of persons I know and work with new him. Here is what I have herd.

There were aprox. 4 people on board and they were around 28 miles offshore, 115ft of water. They were fishing on a trawlier with 50' of releif. They caught a few on Hook and line. The AJ's could be seen at around 30'. "Ron " This is the missing divers name. Jumped in, when he did not return to the surface another person on board doned a dive tank and jumped in to search. All that was found was a fin.

• don't know.

I just posted this for a friend that was reading other positing around the net and getting a little :angry5: because of being misineformend.

Discussing this I don't beleive he was intending on diving to 115'. As other diving sites have sugested.:nono: I beleive his targets were AJ's in the midwater. (30") range .

That being the case. If someone with a little more expirence could comment on the techniques of bigger more powerfull fish hunting. That would be great.

• there is no doubt that a big AJ could and would pull a diver down without proper floats and bungee to help tire it out...the things that are odd to me are that
    1. let go, I can't imagine getting pulled down by something I was holding onto without really wanting to hold on to it, I feel like the reflex is to let go.
    2. how would his fin have been taken off. that would take a serious impact to knock someone out of their fins...I guess they could have been too big for him ??

Do you know if he was using a reel? maybe he got tangled?

I can imagine an AJ pulling someone down 115ft and then slaming them into rock or reef hard enough to take a fin off.

any more details about what he was wearing (gear ) his diving experience, gun ?

i like to spear fish

• Sorry to hear about something like this,my guess is that its not the fish that he was over weighted,couldn't get belt off.as strange as that seems.

• Alot of key point Buster. I wish I the answers.

Further info showed that recently moved back to Fl and was really excited to be back. He did have some expierience diving but as far as equip. A weight belt and gun.

The fin off is what keeps comming up in conversations . This is a good point on proper fitting equip and saftey.

I agree with you LET GO

even letting go of the gun and releasing a weight belt still sounds like trouble

Furhter info was it had been aprox 1 year since last dive, this cannot be confirmened, but could explain how he could handle water temp right now with no suit?????? for a short time.