Modified Tito Wood Euro gun speargun

• 250# I think. Anyway, keep in mind that you will never take the mono to its full rating. Normally, you play the fish and there's no fixed points when you do it.

Marco Melis

A bad day fishing is ALWAYS better than a good day at work.

• That's a cool gun, reminds me of my old wood cavalero. The model was called ''moorea'' and had a wooden barrel like that one. I think those wood cavaleros are kinda rare for I have not seen another one like the one I had.

• So this gun was out of commission for a while because the line anchor on the plastic muzzle broke.

I kept thinking about drilling two holes and press fitting a length of stainless. I only have hand tools and I wasn't confident in my results. I brought the gun to the blue wild because I knows Tito would be there and he was the man. I showed him the muzzle and he said he would take care of me. I picked it up tonight.

He is a master. He made a nice stainless plate and screwed it in with the holes filled with epoxy. Should be nice and solid

i like to spear fish

• I love the euro handle paired with the wooden barrel. Did you say you were going to shoot it with 1x19mm rubber and 1x16mm rubber? If so, is there any ballast in it?

There is not any ballast that I am aware of. I have been shooting that band combination for a while on this gun and it is pretty much perfect. No appreciable muzzle flip and the shaft hits right where I am looking.

I also love being able to reload just the 19mm for fast second shots or just the 16 for shooting into caves or against the reef

I shoot with a 7.5mm shaft too. And, based on no science, I feel that helps reduce shaft whip

i like to spear fish