Modified Tito Wood Euro gun speargun

• With special thanks to Dan, the Tito is back in activity.

Now with a new open muzzle, line plate and groove. plus i added a safe euro band for inline shooting...it will have the 19mm band on it as well when i dive and the muzzle will be screwed on...I removed the screws when we did the work and haven't replaced them yet.

I am very pleased with how it turned out.

I did find out that this Mundial handle will not accept the RA spear with 400lb mono:angry5: not a big deal, just re-rigged it w 600lb Qpowerline.

i like to spear fish

• looks nice. only thing i did not like on my gun was when i had my reel line tied directly to the shaft. i seemed to have alllot of tangled shots (shooting line getting caught in the bands). when i switched back to mono things got a whole lot better.

• Very nice gun, people who have them love them.

I have SS euro muzzle adapters I will not use from FF. $6 if you want the pair. You can tie a 19 to a set if you ever want to use just one band.

Davie Peguero

• LB,

The 400# mono you tried is 2.5mm?

I have some 400# thats thinner then the momoi line. Its 2.0 from spearitco.com

I'll send you some if you want to try it.

• I'd go with thinner mono if it will fit rather than the Q powerline. Maybe a 7mm shaft will go in with the 400lb mono, is the RA shaft 7.5mm?

Another thing that can be done is drill a hole in the shaft ahead of the notches for shooting line attachment. Or put a dog house on the shaft. Or use a shaft with full size fins one having a hole for the shooting line.

• hi lb,
    the gun looking nice.i really like the mundial handle. never gave me problems for years.
    i had the mundial for years. once the muzzle broke, the part that you cut off to make it a open muzzle.
    so i had the open muzzle accidentily. i cut the original spear to weld the part that fit into the handle to a old riffe spear, so i could ty the line to the sharkfins, and i also like to use at least a 7mm spear and most of the euro spears come in 6 or 6.5mm. but last year i found the tarpon spear from h.dessault.
    7mm,3 minisharkfin and a very good 8.5mm barb. since i got this spear i reinstalled my old mundial recently
    for backup. btw, i also would use mono before some soft line.dont have to be 400p. 390p will do.
    http://update.auvieuxcampeur.f…re/accessoire/tarpon.html

• Great replies gang, thanks a lot.

I really loved this gun and was sort of just caught up when I got my RA...they were both 120's and for whatever reason (excitement of getting something new I suppose) I went with the RA.

I really love this gun, it has so much personality and is, now especially, one of a kind.

Davie, I would love to grab those inserts from you... I grabbed some brass ones because they were the cheapest I could find (and Spearitco ships very fast) but I dont have a lot of faith that they would last very long.

Tinu- that is awesome that you had a good experience with this equipment, I am pleased too. thanks for the tips as well. Where do you get your 390p mono?

Larry and Dan-that is a good tip about the thinner mono. I would love to give it a try, but you can just PM me the name and I 'll grab some rather than make you part with any.

The shaft is a 7.5mm, I have always preferred a 7.5 shaft for strength(resistance to bending) and added impact power- However, because it is a Rob Allen shaft, I cannot do anything to modify it and will have to think about either thinner mono or a thinner shaft.

One thing that didn't really come across in the pictures is how cool the site picture is now with the euro muzzle opened up...Dan and I both noted how it looked like little badass horns or something and added a cool area to the view down the barrel.

I am an instinct shooter more than an aimer and this gun used to be about as perfect an extension of my body as I could imagine. I hope it has only gotten better:)

i like to spear fish

• Nice gun. Who is Tito?

I would put a 7 mm shaft on it (with mono, of course).

Brass inserts will last for years. Will eventually turn green, but will last.

Marco Melis

A bad day fishing is ALWAYS better than a good day at work.

• Tito is a local guy who happens to have a gift for making nice wood stocks for fitting euro handles...I'm sure he does other guns too, but those are the only ones I've seen...I bought it second hand, so I've never met him

i like to spear fish

• Larry and Dan-that is a good tip about the thinner mono. I would love to give it a try, but you can just PM me the name and I 'll grab some rather than make you part with any.

Its called Offshore Angler Extreme 400# 1.8mm
    I think I got it at BassPro.

Also maybe trying some 300# mono. I believe theres no need for 400# mono as long as you check your line often.

I keeo opening up this thread, the gun looks awesome.

• Its called Offshore Angler Extreme 400# 1.8mm
    I think I got it at BassPro.

Awesome..I checked and mine is 2.2mm so I would gain .4 with the switch. that should be enough...I might ask you to give me a short length of a few inches, just to make a swage on the spear and verify that it engages the mech.

Also maybe trying some 300# mono. I believe theres no need for 400# mono as long as you check your line often.

You might be right, but I really like the security...it is a mental thing i think

I keeo opening up this thread, the gun looks awesome.

Really thanks..I am super stoked!:thumbsup2: big thanks to Dan, for the assistance and the ideas:cool2:

if Dan had his way I would have buffed and smoothed everything to a perfectionists standards:rolleyes1: unfortunately, i fall woefully inadequate, in execution and interest:laughing3:

i like to spear fish