Pressurizing pneumatic

• Are there any places near me that will pressurize my pneumatic. It is very easy to load and shoots slow.

Also have any of you ever made or know where to get a manometer to measure the pressure? I saw that italian guys thread but cant find any info on what pieces he used.

Davie Peguero

• What's wrong with a pump?

As Tinman said, I'm looking fo a complicated solution to a simple problem. I'm curios to know what pressure my gun is at.

Thanks for the info Sporascrub but I think I can make one for less.

Did you guys see the compressor the italian guy made from an old refridgerator?

Davie Peguero

• What kind of pressure are we talking about? A manometer (as different from a pressure gauge) usually reads in inches or millimeters of water or mercury, which implies pretty low pressure. But then, I know nothing of pneumatic guns.

• Well the italian website calls it a manometer. They use those glycerin filled water pressure gauges. Max on a mares cyrano is about 30 BAR, I think all other are 20 BAR.

Webpage: http://www.webalice.it/svl555/manometro/manometro.html

From what I see it is a gauge, a reducer and a third piece with a pin on it to depress the ball on the the air port.

Davie Peguero

Edited 4 times, last by seaweed ().

• As Tinman said, I'm looking fo a complicated solution to a simple problem. I'm curios to know what pressure my gun is at.

I wasn't referring to measuring. You said you were looking for a place to pressurize the gun and I asked why you can't do it with a pump. Paying someone to do it is not a complicated solution.

• I'm not paying anyone to pressurize my gun. I would think that is free, if not then I wont do it.

Thanks Frank but the gauges are only $5 at the hardware store. Reducer is a couple of cents and I can probably modify a piercing valve to open the air port.

Davie Peguero

• Max recommended? I have two stens with 37 bars, one of which I've shot all summer with and there still holding.

• I'm not paying anyone to pressurize my gun. I would think that is free, if not then I wont do it.

Think about it, the only place that would have the correct fitting and pressure would be a dive shop dedicated for this sort of thing. I can only think of Scubas world and FF. Mike was canvassing on SB a while back offering a free gun to someone who'd give him a LEAD to where to buy the fitting. You think he would have been so generous if he were to give fills away? I bought an inner barrel from Scubas world for my cyrano and at the same time asked them for a thimble of oil for the gun, they charged me $10 for it. Think they're throwing away free fills? Your generous nature is clouding your judgement :D

I would like to play with the nananameter though.

• Was pressurizing your gun part of the complete work they did on the gun or did you walk in and ask can I have it filled please? Just curious.

Both, I've had them do it while doing maintenance on them and also have just walked in and told them to fill them w/o buying anything.

• Funny story; My first gun was a pneumatic, Cyrano 970, I didn't know anything about it or any other gun. I took it to Cuba and tried to load it for the first time in my living room. I didn't know the force that has to be used and it appeared to me that it wasn't going in no matter how hard I tried. I took a closer look at the muzzle and saw something white in there (the piston) but I didn't know what it was and assumed it was some packaging that needed to be removed before using the gun. I saw that the muzzle had a surface on the front for a wrench and was happy when it started to turn rather easily. I decided to take out the white piece so I could use the gun. I kept unscrewing the muzzle, you guys are already imagining what happened, fortunately the gun was pointing away from me and down.

On the final turn of the wrench the muzzle blew off the gun. It and the piston ricochet off the walls a few times and when the dust settled I felt a burning on my arm. The oil shot out of the gun onto my arm so hard that it burned a red area on it. The rest of the oil hit the floor and cleaned the impact area so efficiently that it had a different color for the rest of my time there.

After the pain subsided my biggest worry was that I'm not going to be able to use the gun. I found the piston under the couch and put it all back together and figured out what the pump was for. I also knew I needed oil. I asked around and you can imagine that in Cuba there isn't much selection. I even made an international call at like $2 a minute to Mares USA. They couldn't tell me what oil to use :crazy: I didn't know any Cuban spearos at the time so I just settled on the finest oil I could find. I had a tailor friend and he gave me some sewing machine oil which I sucked up with the pump and pumped into the gun. The gun worked fine for the next few years until I sold it.