Manual of Freediving

• I'm all about practicing practicing and more practice. But also knowledge is a big part of it. Knowing how your body reacts in the water is very imperative to be more safe. That is why a freediving manual, helps but not needed, you can get the right info online this days. You see a scuba diver needs classes to understand the theory behind the discipline. To avoid the different risks in Scuba. I believe is the same in spearfishing. If you don't know what can happen then you are risking yourself without knowing or how to recognize or react to it. Some people knows what a shallow water blackout is or SWB, but do they really know why it happens?. Same principle. Breathing properly against hyperventilation?
    Don't leave it to just go hunt, I'm not a fan of reading but i search every now and then about this risks so i can refresh my knowledge and stay in top of it. Telling a newbie go out there and hunt even by himself is kind of like tell them go scuba diving and forget about the course. Unnecessary risks in my honest opinion. That kind of info is what makes this forum important. I know must of us learned that way all by ourselves. Now how many of you remember or know people or friends that died because inexperience or got an accident that could of being avoided. I sure know a few. Just my 2 cents
    Not trying to criticize nobody just trying to keep our new spearos safe..

Cheers