polypropylene rope for float question

• I am glad I came across this post as I am looking to make a FL. I found a Lehigh 1/4 In. x 100 Ft. Black & Yellow Braided Polypropylene line at Home Depot for under$8 (link below). It is supposed to float and they claim it will not rot or mildew, even when stored damp. Would you think this would work? I am going to use a carabiner and swivel similar to Dan's set up on a boogie board float I am making.

http://www.homedepot.com/h_d1/N-5yc1vZ1xg2/R-100152167/h_d2/ProductDisplay?langId=-1&storeId=10051&catalogId=10053

• I also just read a thread making a FL from tube with mono inside, sealed on the ends. Seems a tad more involved but look nice. Would you think they are really necessary though or would a simple rope set up work? If anything I will just purchase one from RA.

• How do you tie a bungie line to a snap clip as South Africa´s tuna rigging? I mean, Z. Afrikans use a hardware store bungy attached to a tuna float and a snap clip, and then a shrink tube or something, have you seen it. They have landed consistenly 200+ pounds tunas with that set up.

• I don't see any point to the tube style float line. There's a thread about it here with input from guys who favor it that you could read, I think I started the thread.

Yea I had read that one and was thinking the same thing really. I mean they look cool but if a polypro line is buoyant then there seems no need if it is strong enough.

• Coming across ads in multiple hunting magazines, I decided to pay a new store a visit, with a cut out 20% off single item coupon:D. I had never heard of this store before and surprised there was one about 10 miles away.

Harbor Freight Tools. I needed a new swivel for the boat trailer and got a 1500# one for $20 minus my coupon savings:thumbsup2:.

I found some poly braided rope dirt cheap.

3/8" 100' : $4.99
    3/8" 50' : $1.99
    1/4" 50' : $.99 (on sale)
    3/16" 50' : $.99 (on sale)

All claim to be waterproof, resisting mildew and float.

Also got gloves, which I use to dive and filet fish
    Coated Rubber Grip Gloves: $1.99
    Nylon Knit with Nitrile Palms: $1.99

They also had Leather work gloves for $1, also on sale.

• oh rolo, my friend, welcome to the end..harbor Freight is like crack for DIY guys, and some other slightly less addictive drug to divers and fishermen....soo much cheap gear :D

that rope looks pretty good too...330 pounds for the yellow makes it a pretty decent floatline too

i like to spear fish