Double trigger speargun

• A fellow by the name of killaseahorse on SB made a double trigger speargun. The idea is that a long gun can be used as a hole gun. I've ran into this problem a few times with my long gun, this is a possible solution. I like to keep thing simple so my first reaction is against it. But it's an interesting concept. Maybe more applicable to scuba? The secondary handle can be quite a bit smaller as you'd normally power down a band and there wouldn't be so much recoil. It could also have a safety which I normally don't have on my gun.

• huh? well holy shit!! you dont see something so totally new everyday. very cool.

I am not sure it would suit me, but it is none the less a very creative idea, thanks for sharing

i like to spear fish

• huh? well holy shit!! you dont see something so totally new everyday. very cool.

I am not sure it would suit me, but it is none the less a very creative idea, thanks for sharing

That is a nice gun but so 1980's;) I posted this on that other place last year before I found you guys, It's here some place as well.

My old Dive Den

My old dive den from 1988;
    # 1 Top- Negra Modelo- I made this gun in 1981, it has a 72'' Teak barrel, 6061T6 rail tube with teflon coating.
    open black nylon muzzle with angled SS pin line cross over to secure the shaft. (some one Borrowed this from me before I could patent).Ti reinforced twin handles ( can be shot from ether) Undersea mech with hand milled
    17/4 sears, Early Riffe reel, Bands had wire wishbones as to fit 4 in the 5/8 muzzle hole, Panther butt pad.400# Jinki shoot line.Shark inlay in shell, Mil spec camo tape. shark fin 3/8-5/16 or 9/32 maraging steel
    shafts. center handle contained lead shot for different trim ballast.Max wt was 7lbs.
    I built this gun to hunt the gin clear blue water of French Poly. It would pierce fish at 30 feet off the tip when rigged with 4 16mm bands @300%.

#2 Very oldTeak Florida Reef Rifle I bought years ago from a guy named Fry,3/8 shaft and flopper. I killed two Yellowtail with it before I hung it on the wall.
    #3 Mares Titian ... Love this gun.
    #4 Double Trouble Mk 1, 67'' 7075 T6 square tube, over under with delrin rails and 1/4'' Lace wood planking.
    Dacor popper with trip line. Composite Reel and 5OO# kevlar.17/4 hand milled mech at the very rear.4 5/8 french bands @ #300%5/16 or 9/32 top shaft to brake away,45''x1/4'' bottom shaft to reel. I could write a book on this gun... but not tonight.
    #5 58'' laminated mahogany barrel, maple and white oak handle keyed to barrel,hand milled 17/4 sear.
    6061T6 gold reel with 500# kevlar.muzzle Ti inner plate and open muzzle line hook.When I built this gun in
    1984 to replace a lost gun, it had a enclosed track I later milled off after pool tests,has inlay.
    #5 R.I.P, 40'' Teak gun and euro reel. (story later).Marlin lure. Little sister of Negra Modelo.
    #6 Soda bottle charged Barracuda gun hrom the 60's.
    and a Prodonavich and Charlie Sturgile in the corner.

Later, Don Paul

P.S. I change my overhang depending what and where I hunt and the shaft/ power needs.
    Attached Images