• Wellcome !!

Do you have any recommendations for a good high school Modern World History book?

I only know the two I have used based on my districts adoption (been through a couple of versions). One is advanced WH and the other is just your basic world history. In all reality it should be called "Western Civilization" as it is very Euro-centric but that is another discussion. The text have gotten better over the years to include a more broad point of view.
    World History:Patterns of Interaction-Standard book (Houghton Mifflin)-Lots of graphs, maps, charts-very visual
    World History:Modern Times (Glencoe)-more technical, LOTS of info., good stuff, but much more college type text without as many pics and things to keep/catch students attention.

Tommy.........how's it bro?

• I am agree, Western Civilization stresses better the point of a multicultural approach to historic studies. Both greek -latin and judeo christian systems of thought gives cultural foundation to our Western World.

Thank you very much for the tip, I want to get some books for my lil girl, hoping she could grasp the essence of historical perception from different scopes.

I'm a Speardiver, not a freediver