9/21/08 Marathon Report

• Went out with 3 of my friends to some shallow stuff, inshore was murky. But found some nice clear areas. Went to a spot about 12ft deep and me and my friend both got gags right next to each other in like the same minute, it was awesome. I was chasing it forever and I was just like whatever its now or never so I swam as fast as I can and took a long shot and got it.

Then we shot some more hogs at the same spot and my friend shot his biggest hog yet it was 16 1/2 inches or 17, cant remember, so he was pretty excited.

Then we went to another spot that didn't have anything but one red.

Then we went to a couple more spots and shot alot more hogs, another red, and got 9 lobster, most of them were 1.5-2lbs.

Bag: 15 hogs, 2 reds, 2 gags, and 9 lobster.
    We usually don't like shooting alot of hogfish, but there were alot there, could have easily tripled that, and our moms and people we worked with wanted some hogfish so we got it for everyone

Vis: some spots 5ft, some spots 20ft. But this was inshore, heard the reef was still clear from some fishermen.

Water Temp: Warm, 80 degrees+, not sure.

Wind: 10-15, not fun on a 13ft whaler with 4 people, plus fish, plus dive gear