Look at this sick stuff!!

• I love this brand, some of my favorite vids.

http://es.youtube.com/watch?v=HxFJmx5ymiI

What would be your choice between a Katana or this saber for CCB ?

http://es.youtube.com/watch?v=5_mCNoqqK0k&feature=related

...or a Germanic Grosse Messer??

http://es.youtube.com/watch?v=Vfes9jAmNNI&feature=related

I would fear no bear, not Mountain lion, armed with one of those jeje:D

I'm a Speardiver, not a freediver

• I'll stick with my .45:attack1:

I´m with you on this one, but in a given moment when you run out of ammo, a blade doesn´t get tired of cutting :D

I do a lot of desert hiking with my wife when is off season and i allways pack an old 22 pistol in my fanny pack and a back up hunting knife. Once we got harrased by a pack of ranchero dogs, but we scare them with some rocks and a couple ofloud shouts. Some feral dogs are not easy to deter though, and a walk in the beautiful desert can become an hairy situation in a moment. I guess is a bit out of the line to carry a saber though :crazy:

• Those are some cool vids monster. I can appreciate what they're doing. For the first one just take any shovel and sharpen it but the swords are nice. I always wondered which style was the most effective.

I like the saber myself. I think a Katana requires a bit more advanced fencing skills. A good saber in a rookie´s hand´s still a fierce offensive or defensive weapon from my point of view.

• I like the saber myself. I think a Katana requires a bit more advanced fencing skills. A good saber in a rookie´s hand´s still a fierce offensive or defensive weapon from my point of view.

I’m on the other end of the spectrum on this. I think the Katana would be the better choose. Maybe it’s just that I have more experience with them, but I think the ability to hold them with both hands and very quickly switch grips is a very nice feature.
    If that Germanic Grosse Messer just had a little curve to it . . .

On the shovel thing. A shovel with thick steel sharpen should do fine. But as I have found with many shovels they bend very easy.

great vids BTW. . .

• It's been demonstrated that in one on one sword combat the Japanese style with the Katana is inferior to the European fencing style. A famous match was held many years ago between world champion fencer and a Japanese sword fighting expert. Every time the Japanese went to attack the European did a stop cut to the wrist. If you look for information on the particulars of this match you can find out the names and there should be a video of this too.

• I’m on the other end of the spectrum on this. I think the Katana would be the better choose. Maybe it’s just that I have more experience with them, but I think the ability to hold them with both hands and very quickly switch grips is a very nice feature.
    If that Germanic Grosse Messer just had a little curve to it . . .

On the shovel thing. A shovel with thick steel sharpen should do fine. But as I have found with many shovels they bend very easy.

great vids BTW. . .

Tht´s why i love American Culture. That´s a commitment to perfection and a no no sense all bull shit down product. At last we find a cutterly company that we can rely on.