Omer Atoll + float line?

• I'm looking at the Atoll float, and it seems to have all kinds of d-rings and clips, but they're all plastic. Where would you clip the float line to on this float?

• When I doubt the strength of a clip I use two lenghths of mono loops , one slighty longer than the other. So if there is a strong pull it will break one loop and the longer one will remain. The mono should break before any of those d rings

i like to spear fish

• Thanks for the info. I'm just starting out, so please excuse my inexperience, but why mono vs a poly loop (equal to the strength of the float line)?

• I do plan on using something else for local diving, but this float is for travel, so unfortunately it has to be inflatable.

• The Atoll is not really meant to put fish on top of it, it's inflatable and will puncture from fish spines. As such it falls in the same category as a Riffe inflatable torpedo float or one of it's many copies. I recommend for travel you get the inflatable torpedo float, it has minimal drag and packs down really small when disinflated.

• I have the same float setup and have been using it for a while. I clip it to the front D ring thats it. As far as punctures the canvas surrounding the bladders is pretty tough, but Dan has a point with not being able to get the fish up out the water. I have had a few hairy incidents when I look back at the dragging float with fish dangling in the water with a shark ready to pounce on it.

• mmm, the Atoll is no more than a kid´s float with a fancy cover, not cool. You would go better with an Omer Shardana, that is solid and tough as nails. A Rob allen hard float or a rescue can are even better.

I'm a Speardiver, not a freediver

• The Atoll is not really meant to put fish on top of it, it's inflatable and will puncture from fish spines. As such it falls in the same category as a Riffe inflatable torpedo float or one of it's many copies. I recommend for travel you get the inflatable torpedo float, it has minimal drag and packs down really small when disinflated.

Great point. I'm looking at some of the torpedo floats out there, and it looks like the Riffe is one of the only ones with a metal attachment point. I guess you pay for quality.

• I think this is the 22 or 33 ltr and it is way overkill. But the eleven is a great float for a good travel rig

That RA float is nice. I might have to pick one of those up. I would think that the 20 L float wouldn't be too bad to travel with and gives you almost twice the lift?

• in some places the RA will not suffice as it cannot take a flag without making a weighted strap for it with a flag mount on it....this is basically a beach ball until there is a fish on...should be no drag cos it rides so high in the water

i like to spear fish

• in some places the RA will not suffice as it cannot take a flag without making a weighted strap for it with a flag mount on it....this is basically a beach ball until there is a fish on...should be no drag cos it rides so high in the water

That's too bad about the flag. That float would have been perfect. I might have to bite the bullet and get either the Riffe or Sporasub float.

• I wonder how you would keep that in place on an inflatable, but I get the idea. LB - thanks for all of your help.

I wouldn't imagine it wouldn't slide too much if made tight enough and if the float did rotate the weight should stay on the bottom keeping the flag upright. I guess there could be the fear of it sliding off the end but imagine with a tie down towards the front that could be averted.

That's a sick float Judah, time to test her out.