awesome new floatline/bungee

• Phil as always so humble, i would have named it the George Steele clutch if I had the inventive genius to invent something like that but then I am a dick :laughing: So the small float Phil is just forward of the clutch and the clutch acts as its break so you can work the first float forward to the fish?
    Red Tide I am reading as much as I can and taking in all the advice I can from you guys, reason I was trying to go with the tuna board was that the SA fellas say it was so much safer than dealing with all those floats and the 1000 pound plus tuna was had on a board system. Got 50 foot of bungee from Craig for a float system that I am building myself but was not sure on how to incorporate it into the float system, so all bungee is best not just a fixed amount to absorb the energy of a big run?. The YF around Grenada run on average 100 lb so it will be in that range and also big eye are common.
    Having never shot anything over 70 lb I am trying to learn as much as I can from you guys.

A bad day at sea is better than a good day in the boatyard
    George Steele

• :toast::toast: Cheers to you Phil, Josh never had time to tell me who invented it. I have two clutchs from Josh, one on my 75'Norprine bungie linked to my tube type float line, the other on board with a back up line. I'm most likely not building my own float lines any more as Josh's quiality is as good as mine...I have baseball games to attend.;)

Cheers, Don

it was a team effort , josh has always used those stainless wire strain supports to hold one end of a floatline while you are working on it ,and i was trying to come up with a non damaging cam system ,and i have bad carpel tunnel so i cant do the clip and pull thing for long . i made a proto just before one of his baja gear test trips and it worked , then there were a couple years of refining it to a sell-able product with improvements made by both josh and myself . you can come up with a lot of cool stuff siting around a workshop drinking beer bouncing ideas off someone . i will post a pic of my setup in a couple days

the other cool thing you can do with the cluch is if you shoot a fish that holes up you can pull a bunch of tension on the bungi and just wait . as soon as the fish relaxes it will get yanked 20' out of the hole and wont be able to get back to the bottom .
    phil

• What kind of float lines does it work with, only the tube style or any rope? What should be the min/max diameter of the float line?

it will work with any type line(very slick rope slips a little ) , and dia from about 1/4" to a little under 5/8" , but it can be custom made for any dia line, 3/8"- 9/16" works best
    phil

• Climbers use that to secure the line slack when they are, among other things, pulling their gear or other climbers up. If you relax the knot it slides, if it is under tension it is very very well secured

i like to spear fish