Hello to all from homestead, fl

• Hey guys! my name is Jose and i was invited into this forum by a friend. I am from Cuba and came at the age of 11. I currently work for State Farm and have been in the insurance industry since 16 years of age. I have a always been into outdoor sports, mainly fishing. I bought my 1st boat back in May 2010, and it is a Mako 18lts bay boat. It is great for shallow waters and offshore, and since it is a bay boat it's got a nice flat deck in the back and front which is great for divers. FYI > my boat is not the first boat i ride on, but first i own. I got into spearfishing some time in June 2010, and have fallen in love with the sport since then, i think i prefer it more than fishing with lines. I have learned to love the sport of spearfishing and free diving, and i am currently trying to learn as much as i can so i can dive deeper and hold my breath for longer when diving. Much reading and DVDs is my learning material + any advise that any experienced spearo can give me. Luckily i have met two guys from whom i am learning a lot since they have been practicing spearfishing for longuer time than i have. Besides fishing i am much into photography, and videography. I have been taking pictures of nature and cities for about 4 years, but now i am trying something new and that is filming under water and video editing. I am hoping to recieve the Go Pro camera for Xmas so i can record under water and share some videos with you all.

Any ways this is a bit about me, and my interest....... if i can ever give you any advises to help you i will give it to you....and i am hoping i can learn from you all as well.

Jose:thumbsup2:

• Welcome! Let me know if you ever need a buddy for fishing or diving! I am also new to this sport but i am loving it so far.