New member from North Port,FL

• Hello.

Im new to freediving and spearfishing. I havent been in the ocean in years but used to snorkel as a child.
    Im currently reading up on all the aspects of it before I head out. Ill be shore diving from Venice, sometimes with a float, sometimes without.
    Ive already learned a lot and am grateful for the chance.

Good day.

• welcome and good approach....learn what you can then learn more in the water...do you know anyone in your area with some experience you could dive with...that makes the biggest difference.

i like to spear fish

• Welcome Mark. Im new to the forum myself and like you have limited expierience. Just keep your fins wet. I know for me the more dives I do the more natural it seems.

• Thank you all for the warm welcome.

welcome and good approach....learn what you can then learn more in the water...do you know anyone in your area with some experience you could dive with...that makes the biggest difference.

Sadly, not yet. There are quite a few people in my county that go out diving / spearing, but most of them go from boats and Im too cheap to do that.

I did get an offer to hang with / learn from a local spearer and I plan on taking him up on the offer. Thing is, I believe he scubas / rebreaths, but not freedives. Ill still learn if I get the chance.