Greetings from Boynton Bch, FL

• Hello,

When I was in my twenties you could not pay me to stop freediving/spearfishing. Now, only months away from age 50 I ran across a woodie speargun I just had to buy and I am thinking of getting back into it.

Anybody in the area that wants to retrain an old dog at the sport let me know.

Rick

• I have never speared in Boynton, I think the reefs are farther out then down here. The Ft Lauderdale reefs are an easy swim and in pretty shallow. Do you boat/kayak/shore dive? I do the yak and shore dives here; your always welcome to join in. :thumbsup2:

Welcome to the forum.

• Thanks for the great welcome guys!

I have never speared in Boynton, I think the reefs are farther out then down here. The Ft Lauderdale reefs are an easy swim and in pretty shallow. Do you boat/kayak/shore dive? I do the yak and shore dives here; your always welcome to join in. :thumbsup2:

Welcome to the forum.

You got that right, Ft. Laud-Pompano-Hallandale was my old splashing ground. NOTHING up here!

I will take you up on your offer, just got to loose some buoyancy before summer and plus I would like to wait until after the shark migration. Been there, done that! :@ :crazy: :nono:

• Ahh, the sharks a just little spinners and lemons; I have never had an issue with them. I actually enjoy diving with them and am going in a few weeks on tanks to check out the lemons. Though spearing would be impossible as they would nab your catch for sure. I may be moving with a mile of one of the spots I hit so I will be out all the time so whenever man. :thumbsup2:

• where is this move going to be Shawn...i may become your "Guy on the couch" if you arent careful :D

Right off of the ICW near Birch park in Ft Lauderdale! Literally walking distance to the water or a 2 min drive over the bridge with the yak. I am sold but I have to sell the old lady on it too :D....that or find a new roommate :laughing3:

• Rick, seems we are in the same boat. I have over 20 years experience, but like you I stopped diving for about as long. Buying gear and training now for a return to the South Florida area, with a dream of going spearfishing in the Bahamas before too much time passes. I'll dive with you.

• Rick, Seems we are in the same boat. I have over 20 years experience but stopped diving for about as long. Buying new gear and training now for a return to South Florida diving in May or June. I'll dive with you.