Rash guard / suit

• I am returning to freediving and spearfishing later this Summer after a long long absence. In my day back in the 1960's and 70's it was a bathing suit and maybe a t-shirt. Today, a lot of people wear a camo rash guard or wet suit. I was wondering what I should consider getting for South Florida warm water diving? If anyone has suggestions, I would appreciate it. Thanks.

• To prevent sunburn a simple lycra rash guard will work. If you want a little protection from coral and jellyfish then a lined 1.5 mil neoprene shirt would be what you want. I wear a shirt and the scrapes on it will more than attest to its usefulness. That being said Ill probably get a lycra shirt this summer for the really hot days.

• To prevent sunburn a simple lycra rash guard will work. If you want a little protection from coral and jellyfish then a lined 1.5 mil neoprene shirt would be what you want. I wear a shirt and the scrapes on it will more than attest to its usefulness. That being said Ill probably get a lycra shirt this summer for the really hot days.

Thanks for the info. Is there a company you might suggest?

• Thread moved to the wetsuit section.

Here in Miami area rashguard for the summer. For winter diving a 3mm 2 piece open cell inside, lined outside wetsuit.

Thanks Dan. Any company you might reccomend? I've been away from the diving scene for so long, I no longer know the best places to buy, except I did discover Ray Odor for pole spears.

• i wear a wetsuit most months of the year, probably spare june july august and september.
    in the summer i like just a neoprene vest (to aspetto without getting stung or scraped on the chest) and id really like to find a good alternative to boardshorts for the hottest months, i wish they made wetsuit shorts.

anyways itd be worth gettin a 3 mil suit and pursuit's are best deal with no compromise to quality

Scupper Pro Gives You Wings!

• in the summer i like just a neoprene vest (to aspetto without getting stung or scraped on the chest) and id really like to find a good alternative to boardshorts for the hottest months, i wish they made wetsuit shorts.

You can get neoprene shorts. I know Omer and Beuchat make them. I'm pretty sure you can get them in camo, too.

• i wear a wetsuit most months of the year, probably spare june july august and september.
    in the summer i like just a neoprene vest (to aspetto without getting stung or scraped on the chest) and id really like to find a good alternative to boardshorts for the hottest months, i wish they made wetsuit shorts.

anyways itd be worth gettin a 3 mil suit and pursuit's are best deal with no compromise to quality

What do you not like about board shorts?
    Im outfitting myself currently, so I have no opinion based on actual use.

• thanks nyspear im going to check that out now, thats exacly what i was referring to.
    mark- i dont like board shorts because the material (and i own at least 15 diff. pairs and they all do this) puts a rash directly behind the knee on my leg from all the surface swimming. if im only diving for a couple hours its not too noticable, though. also they are jsut overall not streamline iin the water. its a somewhat minor detail but i notice.

Scupper Pro Gives You Wings!

• you can also look into the under armor leggings, basically lycra pants. or get some shorter shorts. Have you tried the pelagic shorts? I love them. They are lighter and shorter than most shorts.

• steven...i know yazbeck, and RealSea both make a lycra pant in their camo colors and I think that Rob Allen and spetton make nice 1.5 oz? lycra bottoms too...something to consider as well

i like to spear fish