Ballast and balancing

• i'm progressing along on building my first speargun. The forum has been very helpful. My question is what is the proper technique (s) for ballast and balancing. Are they the same thing? How important are they?
    I read in the forum about testing the ballast in the water. when is this done? before the resin or after? if before doesnt the water cause problems? Thanks for your suggestion
    scott

• hy fellow

mhhhh it could be the easier way doing first the resin..but the only problem water causes is that you have to dry it over a few days at least. others here in the forum are adding weight until the gun starts to sink with the shaft in---- this is the whole ballast. figured this out you can now move this additional weight forward backward finding your preferd ballance.

this method made gun will float without the shaft..if you don t want that thing to float add more weight
    :attack2:

sometimes i m asking if the freaks know that they are in the majority..

• I just give the gun a couple coats of epoxy or oil, then ballast and balance, another touch up coat on the plugs or areas where I installed the ballast and then the final coats.

• i'm progressing along on building my first speargun. The forum has been very helpful. My question is what is the proper technique (s) for ballast and balancing. Are they the same thing? How important are they?
    I read in the forum about testing the ballast in the water. when is this done? before the resin or after? if before doesnt the water cause problems? Thanks for your suggestion
    scott

Does your gun float with the shaft in?
    We can take it on from there.

Ihab