beach renourishment project

• seriously !!.. it's been seriously murking up all around here. I haven't been able to go out in almost three weeks because it's been looking so bad. Can't wait for it to start clearing up :)

I wonder why they got to pollute it up for so long before someone noticed...:confused1:

• The link is not working.

Is this where they pump up sand from the sea to make the beach bigger? Terrible to f*ck around with nature like that, I'm all for it being shut down. Look at the wording they use to make it sound less obtrusive "renourishment".. a-holes.

• I did an in depth paper on this. Its totally aesthetic and doesn't work regardless. Glad they stopped i wonder if it will affect viz here in Boca. Not that this wind has allowed for toooo much viz lately anyway

Scupper Pro Gives You Wings!

• Yea, it is all about rich d-bags and f'ing snow birds having something pretty to look at. I wonder if they realize that the reefs (which they are killing with this) are an intrinsic part of all that? Idiots. I was speaking with the people from cry of the water and they have been fighting this for years. But in this state ran by an endless line of morons money rules.

Thanks for updating the link Steve.

• I corrected the first link.

So this is only in Hilsboro beach, and from what I understand it's not a general ban on this sort of activity, rather a stop order is issued on a per case basis. I hope this sets a precedent. I remember when they were doing it in Hollywood, the water was white for months.

• The main issue is that the sediment settles on the reefs and smothers them. The cease order from the Army Core of Engineers was because they were in violation of several guidelines of their permit. Money will always rule in this state until our beaches and coastal ecosystem are in shambles. Dredging, altering the natural process of beach corrosion, building of all the crap they have placed on the coast, is all killing the reefs and beaches but people want pretty beaches so....