Pathos FP on C4 review

• Had a chance to try out a set of patho footpockets on my Falcon C4s 30 stiffness, Purchased a pair from Dan and had him install them (thanks again Dan). I had old omer milleniums on the blades before and they were EXTREMELY stiff and waste half of the blade due to not allowing the blade to flex. With the pathos foot pocket more of the blade is used, they are extremely light weight and the rubber is so comfortable you forget theyre on. If your in the market for a set of blades or replacement FP get a set from Dan! :cool2:

• :thumbsup5:

Handling the C4 30 (I believe other C4 stiffnesses are 20 and 40, with the higher number designating a stiffer blade) I learned that they're fairly stiff blades, comparable in stiffness to the Pursuit MH (medium hard) blades. They are about 1" less in width than than the Pursuit blades, and utilize double purpose like water channeling rails http://spearfishing.world/39138-post4.html

• Yeah I am about to pick up a set of the new Pathos pockets, the set I ordered for my friend he like them and ended up keeping them.

• I've been using the new Pathos pockets with Pursuit C90 Mediums for a couple months now. These pathos pockets (version 3 I believe) are the most comfortable I've ever used and fit my foot perfect. Very light and great flexibility down the tendon when kicking, allowing a full range of motion. I don't think I'll ever use a different pocket now and hope pathos doesn't change a thing

I've always used Picasso Black Team pockets, which had very stiff tendons and did not allow full flexibility of the blade. The blade would only flex probably 1/3. The Pathos pockets perform better, more comfortable and much lighter

I wore a 40-42 Picasso, which was a bit tight. I now wear 40-42 pathos and a perfect fit. The Pathos pocket is only slightly larger (wider) than the Picasso 40-42

• How does the fit of the Pathos pocket compare to the Millenium - i.e. wider, narrower? I have the same problem with the Millenium pockets with Pursuit blades. I was thinking about modifying the footpockets to take some of the stiffness out of them but haven't tried it yet.

• Nope, I wanted to but you didn't have it in my size.

Edit: Just to be clear - Dan was aware of the problem and even pointed it out to me, but I had lost a fin that day and needed something to dive with the next day so I took them anyway.

Edited 2 times, last by nyspear ().