gun build..a few challenges

• hy folks,

first i d like to know if i ve done right using pure west system for pouring a trek...
    i didn t realise that the folks use graphit additional and i wonder if i have to mill out and pour again?
    thank you all, already:D

building a va muzzle was my aim which i ve done today. on the nile tec site i found one charging ..50§ bugs uhhh
    but the style was nice and i slightly coppied it. they also show pic mounted and now i m curious on how they did..
    first- why go for the 90 degree edges of the muzzle towards the mech- i guess this could get a danger zone for the shooting line, won t it? also the maximum band stretch will be achieved better using it twisted..

i was aiming to use two screws m6 instead of three..does someone see their any issues for a threebanded gun 120 cm?:fish:

best creetings to all...

sometimes i m asking if the freaks know that they are in the majority..

• The graphite is only added because it is believed to lower the friction between the shaft and the track. Other common additives are west systems 403 microfibers. These thicken the epoxy and add a little strength. That being said there are millions of different combinations that people swear by and I have no idea which is the best. If you have already poured the track without graphite then dont worry about milling it out and starting over. There are plenty of people that dont mix anything in and say its just as slick as with graphite.

• I'm unclear as to exactly what you mean with the angle of the bands in the muzzle, and with the twisted part.

Either way, keep in mind that those kinds of muzzles tend to get some vibration from the bands, being as how they spread out and not supported by the stock. Also, if you use a breakaway slip tip the spectra doesn't easily tuck into the bands either.

Alex

• The graphite is only added because it is believed to lower the friction between the shaft and the track. Other common additives are west systems 403 microfibers. These thicken the epoxy and add a little strength. That being said there are millions of different combinations that people swear by and I have no idea which is the best. If you have already poured the track without graphite then dont worry about milling it out and starting over. There are plenty of people that dont mix anything in and say its just as slick as with graphite.
    "
    well that s the answer i was looking for..

"I'm unclear as to exactly what you mean with the angle of the bands in the muzzle, and with the twisted part.
    "
    my muzzle has not that much roundover like the nile tec.. i will go for the angle like i said and mount it with the long parabolic curve down to the mech.. will take a foto later.

"Either way, keep in mind that those kinds of muzzles tend to get some vibration from the bands, being as how they spread out and not supported by the stock. Also, if you use a breakaway slip tip the spectra doesn't easily tuck into the bands either."

i have riffe fin shafts with flopper-- but i don t understand when you say it tends to have some vibration..
    i guess it could bend slightly under weight and then go back to it s origin when shootin`-- what s the issue with that small bounce? is it noisy?

i found this here and guess it s m6 too, has someone tried this thing with only two screws?

thanks for your answers..

• so here it is

2 mm v2a muzzle for 3band,
    i m planing to use two M6 screws for the mounting, but i could go for a third(mhhhh)
    nicely polished band holes, and i wven want to mount it without millng an extra pocket.

what bugs me is the scrwws heads on the release side of the gun-on the right. i m not keen on tearing my shooting line off.

how much power is one 16mm band streched on a way of three feet?

• ok here s my next challenge?

the picture above shows circa... how high the muzzle will end.

-is it important to have the bands middle line a bit deeper than the middle line of the shaft?????

i could go pretty high with the muzzleplate and the bands would then pull abit up..
    i also could trie to get the bands laid down parallel to the shaft

or go slight deeper- the guntip is now 3,5cm and i would have to shorten the muzzleplates a ittle - noprob- but what s the best?

any ideas ??

• I have a muzzle like that with two heavy bolts on one of the guns I built. Plenty strong with 4 5/8 bands. My muzzle is offset about the same as in your picture. I will try to grab a pic for you.

"Whiskey don't make liars, it just makes fools. So, I didn't mean to say it, but I meant what I said."
    -James McMurtry

• thanks dude,

currently i think the mount in front should be parallel or slightly deeper..i will do tomorrow

today i finished the grip mount via VA screw inserts with metric M6 epoxid in_ its 5 of them
    _as my carpenter said:D "give whom fish no chance"

release on M4 working just fine,
    savety iron notch with spring, and screwed in place check,
    a lot of nice work is done today:cool2:

• I would say that as close to parallel with the tabs would be best. The enclosed track will hold the spear in place but any fraction of the band force that pulls the spear either up or down is a waste.

• I would suggest having the bands pull slightly down from the top of the shaft (assuning you have sharkfins , not slots n your shaft). While that force doesn't contribute to propelling the shaft through the water, it does serve to hold the shaft against the bottom of the track. Even with an enclosed track this shaft lifting to the top of the track can affect accuracy on a long shot. With an open track the spear can actually lift from the track, causing erratic shots that go every which way. The energy lost doing this is very small, like 1-2%, but if you don't hit what you're shooting at, power doesn't matter.:rolleyes1:

• it reminds me too on the old bond films:rolleyes1:

i was a little kid then..