Northern California Diving

• Last week Poseidon presented us with beautiful 15-40 visibility and we took full advantage of it! This kind of vis doesn't happen often here, so we drop everything (work, school, even girlfriends :D) when it shows up.

It's really hard to put the gun down and focus on the camera when we have such amazing conditions to hunt in, and I always feel like so much more video could be taken. At any rate, here are a couple videos from the footage that we did manage to get.

Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BhYyHBF81sE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jsTTCAZqruk

• yea cool vids and some nice fish, when you shoot in caves are you choking your rubber's? and are the camera's attached to your masks or are you wearing like a gopro head strap

• when you shoot in caves are you choking your rubber's? and are the camera's attached to your masks or are you wearing like a gopro head strap

I like the polespear because it helps hone your stalking skills, and forces you to wait for the right shot to present itself. The one in the videos is a 5ft Crist polespear with an 18" shaft.

The rubbers on my little gun are not that powerful to begin with, so the shaft loses velocity and begins to drop about 3ft out of the muzzle. It works for the limited visibility and cave hunting we do though, as most fish I shoot with it (and the polespear for that matter) are less than 3 feet away.

The GoPro has a head strap that slips over the mask strap, and the second camera is just a handheld Canon powershot.

Oh, and the ling in the second video was just under 13lbs.

Edited once, last by Sam: Spelling ().

• Is there a reason you did not shoot a few of those lings in the first video? They seemed large enough but my perspective on CA fish is probably a little off.

• guys you are a killer wow nice fish and very good video . thank you for let us see how it is over there .

Que viva la pesca :cuba:

• Is there a reason you did not shoot a few of those lings in the first video? They seemed large enough but my perspective on CA fish is probably a little off.

Most of the lings in that video were in the 25-28" range, perfect eating size (minimum size is 24"). We passed up a lot of lings that day. Sometimes it's just nice to swim with and marvel at the fish you pursue. At one point as I was creeping along the bottom, a ling sauntered up from behind me and brushed along my torso like I was no threat. . .he even looked back at me and I think we came to a mutual understanding. Moments like that are the reason I'm addicted to diving.

• It's just the standard head strap. I don't know of any dive specific head straps on the market.

• Wow dude great underwater shots! I love cave and rock diving. I find it more interesting than hunting for White Sea Bass. Also, love the head mount, its awesome and I think I might have to look into that.

Nick Hernandez

• Sometimes it's just nice to swim with and marvel at the fish you pursue. At one point as I was creeping along the bottom, a ling sauntered up from behind me and brushed along my torso like I was no threat. . .he even looked back at me and I think we came to a mutual understanding. Moments like that are the reason I'm addicted to diving.

i agree completely, take what you need, don't kill everythng you see, do some window shopping just for pleasure.

nice video, send more when you can.:thumbsup2:

steve veros

in loving memory of paolo