Marseilles style knife straps are better

• I do not understand why anyone would attach a knife to their leg or arm. It just seems like it could not be easy to get to when you need to get to it. I put mine on my belt and wear it in the center covering my belly button and lower unit. Easy to get to with either hand and not in the way. Just saying...:toast:

I have one on my belt and one on my leg. I got caught up once and simultaneously dropped a knife. I now have two. Inside of right leg is good for me.

Isn't it hard to sit down with the knife in front?

I tried making the sleeve out of an old wetsuit to make a knife holder, but it wasn't stretchy enough and wouldn't stay in place. It kept wanting to ride down. I still want a knife on the top of the thigh or on the chest, mounted to a vest. I might do that with some binding clips, now that I think about it.

Jim

• I like the quick release straps better than the belt buckle type.I like the knife on my left upper arm or right upper thigh.My 3mm suit has a knife pocket that I glued to the suit,for my other suits I use quick release straps on my left upper arm.

I don't have a knife big enough to cover my lower unit,and don't like any knives near it.Just a personal preference.

• I ordered the mako naked recently, and it came with the marseilles straps. I used them in the water on Friday and Saturday and was very pleased with them.

Alex