White Chin Mk2

• I actually finshed a speargun and it will be in full use tomorrow. I had it all done and successfully used it, but I realized I wanted some changes. I sanded it down and planed it thinner on the top and took off a bit off each side to reduce it's "chunkiness". It still has plenty of wood for buoyancy and I added some adjustable ballast by making a small pocket beneath the forward line wrap hook.

It is most certainly not perfect, but it will make holes in fish. I learned a great deal from doing this one. I also have a 57" gun curing at 78 degrees upstairs. It'll be ready next week.

White Chin
    47" 3-vertical lam Padauk Midhandle. Band pull of 100cm gun, length of 75cm gun from grip to tip
    7mm Pursuit shaft, 2 - 5/8ths bands. Neptonics reverse trigger + Tin Man Handle. Pearce 1911 grip.
    Herranen Epoxy finish. Abellan Reel with a buttload of 2.2 mm dyneema (my buddy accidentally got the thicker one, so I just put it on this one)

Edited once, last by JimCuda ().

• This is my living room. The other table is in the dining room. I took the photos here specifically because of you, Judah.

• I agree, Jim has very good taste. I like the addition of the Bluewater hunters book, it supports the gun in just the right position and at the same time lends purpose to the composition. The Russian matryoshka doll in the background also adds a sense of the unexpected, as when finding a fish species on a dive that's completely not supposed to be there. The reel remains mysteriously nameless :atongue:

• Looks like the Abellan Sub reel Dan.

yes it is!

I have 2 extra abellansub reels for sale if anyone wants a reel. $80. I plan on putting them up on the forums for sale.

• I agree, Jim has very good taste. I like the addition of the Bluewater hunters book, it supports the gun in just the right position and at the same time lends purpose to the composition. The Russian matryoshka doll in the background also adds a sense of the unexpected, as when finding a fish species on a dive that's completely not supposed to be there. The reel remains mysteriously nameless :atongue:

I added the reel name in the original post after you asked, but I guess, that's not very obvious.

The matryoshka dolls represent the progression of the diver. You start with the core of desire to submerge and progress to encompass increasing levels of skill and knowledge. :)