New member from Romania

• Hi everyone, I'm Adrian, 38 years old from Bucharest, Romania. I've been doing recreational freediving (nothing fancy) since I was a kid, and after 1989 I slowly got into spearfishing while on vacation in various mediteranean countries.
    Spearfishing is still illegal in Romania (the fishing law consider it poaching, and there's no other law on it) so I'm basically restricted to my summer hollydays.

I own a 3m inflatable and a 6cp 4 stroke engine but except for the occasional trips by car to northern Greece, most of my freediving and spearfishing is done using rented boats or from the shore.

Unfortunatelly the nickname Adrian was already taken, hope I'm not stepping on anyone's toes with this one :).

• Welcome to the forum! Do you think or is there more fish in your country as a consequence of spearfishing being prohibited??

• Romania sounds alot like Minnesota,U.S. in regards to the legality of shooting fish. You can't shoot any game fish, which is the best eating fish. Hopefully they both catch up with the times and recognize spearfishing as another way for us to enjoy the outdoors. Welcome to the forum!

• Thank you guys.

The fish stock is far more affected by industiral fishing then by spearfishing so I highly doubt that the ban on spearfishing has any relevance. Bulgaria, the neighbouring country from the south, doesn't ban the spearfishing and one cannot notice any differences in the fauna when diving north or south of the border.

As for gear I'm currently using Mares Sten pneumatic spearguns and Omer Stingray palms.