PB Red Snapper

• Went out earlier this week for my first and only snapper trip of the year; I will be going to North Dakota for work for several months.

The fish were around but very difficult to approach. Apparently they are aware the season has opened!

Took a very long shot on a solo fish well away from the structure. Had no idea it was this big until it was in my hands!

Did not weigh the fish, it was somewhere in the mid to high 20's.

• A new Aimrite 140. This fish was the first trigger pull. The shaft hit about 9" left of where I was aiming. At first I thought the fish might have just "matrixed" me, but it was the same with following shots. The shaft does not appear to be bent, but I have yet to check it against a straight edge.

• I would have to guess the shot was somewhere between 18-20' from the muzzle.

I like the Spetton suit. it's a 1.5mm nylon in and out. it was a bit warm in the 82 degree water. Eventually had to leave the hood off and still flush the suit every once in while, to keep from over heating. Very comfortable and fits me well. They tend to run a size larger than normal. Very durable considering the rigs I dive in. Had the suit for a year or so. Still going strong.

The fish was shot off an artificial structure.

• Nice fish John, had a similar experience with missing last week. I have a Picasso Century carbono that I have been shooting for several years, shot the 2 in the first picture on my post with it. Last friday I couldnt hit a barn with it. Got back to the house and found that the articulated wishbone was bent. Replaced it and went back to killin'

Keith

• Marco, I don't have any issues with the other 3 Aimrites I own. I am very fond of these guns and have never had any issues with the others. I am quite certain the shaft is the problem just haven't have much time to properly look into the matter.

Off to North Dakota in the morning. Will check in from time to time but unfortunately no reports from me until fall.