Review/ Wetsuit Riffe 1mm top and pants

• This is the Riffe 1mm wetsuit top and pants.

I think it's priced rather high at $90 for the pants and $100 for the top with no hood. Still I bought it because I needed a warm water suit at about 1mm thickness and I wanted it to be a two piece. I didn't find anything else on the market with those specs.

At first inspection the suit looked well designed and well made. These suits do wear small. I can sometimes fit into a large but in this case had to go with a XX-large. The knee pads and the chest pad are unnecessarily robust. Other than that it wears pretty good.

After only two or three times in the water the pants are starting to come apart in the crotch seam. The stitching on the top is coming apart to the point that when you pull on them slightly the whole length of stitching separates from the seam. The glue is still holding so the suit is usable. I'll post back if that starts to come apart too. I don't know if it's the nature of such a thin suit to come apart like that but regardless I'm disappointed with the construction considering the price. I'll patch up the crotch area and wait to see what happens with the rest of the seams.

Pants.

Top.

• It is specially suited for tropical waters. It is a good quality wetsuit. A friend of mine has it and he's very happy with it.

The hood protects you against sun, jellyfish, etc. I'll never dive again without it.

Marco Melis

A bad day fishing is ALWAYS better than a good day at work.

• The threads are the weak point in this suit. I've had a couple and the threads go quickly. Body glove makes a nice top for spearfishing now. Quality seems higher, and comes with Body Glove's wetsuit making experience. Austin's has them.

• The threads are the weak point in this suit. I've had a couple and the threads go quickly. Body glove makes a nice top for spearfishing now. Quality seems higher, and comes with Body Glove's wetsuit making experience. Austin's has them.

How do you call it in US$?

Marco Melis

A bad day fishing is ALWAYS better than a good day at work.

• I thik that the best wetsuits in the market right now ar the spetton wetsuits , been wearing them for a wile and never had a problem ever,in April or beginning of May they are coming out with a new design, that includes new camo in Lycra, 2 and 3 mm, they are very warm and durable.

• I thik that the best wetsuits in the market right now ar the spetton wetsuits , been wearing them for a wile and never had a problem ever,in April or beginning of May they are coming out with a new design, that includes new camo in Lycra, 2 and 3 mm, they are very warm and durable.

I have an Omer 3mm and i have no complaints either ...

I'm a Speardiver, not a freediver

• I figured I'd come back and post an update on the Riffe 1mm pants which I kept. This is an old thread but I haven't used the pants much at all. The hole in crotch I repaired by gluing a patch of neoprene on the inside. There have been no further tears at the seams. However I'm further dissatisfied with these pants. From the beginning I noticed that the padding over the knees is rather bulky. At this point I don't know what happened, whether there's foam inside that deteriorated somehow, but this padding now feels like I have a pair of diapers over my knees, heavy and soggy. Protection in the knee and elbow area is a good thing, but these big bulky pads are completely unnecessary. A big :thumbdown1: to the Riffe 1mm wetsuit.

• I used to wear a Sporasub 1.5 that came in two piece. I believe the model was called tsunami but its no longer made. They last a long time and have comfortable knee and elbow pads.