Another South Florida Spearo.

• Hi Everyone,

Im Mark, currently from Fort Lauderdale, originally from hollywood. Born and raised in the oceans of south florida by a dad who taught us how to make Hawaiian slings out of wire, empty pens, and old masks before we were teenagers. I love freediving, spearfishing, lobstering, scuba, hookah, beach diving, boat diving, photography, fishing, all of it. Aside from diving, I enjoy cycling, drinking:toast:beer, tattoos, and keeping saltwater reef tanks.

I am a freelance web developer and graphic designer, so my schedule is flexible enough to squeeze in morning beach dives when the weather and buddy situation permits.

I look forward to hanging out on these boards, they seem like a great friendly informative place to learn about and discuss diving and spearing.:thumbsup2:

• Welcome to the board man. I am in Ft Lauderdale off of Sunrise near the beach. I am down to dive most weekends. Shoot me a message if ya want to head out. Yak or beach; either way works.

• Welcome to the board man. I am in Ft Lauderdale off of Sunrise near the beach. I am down to dive most weekends. Shoot me a message if ya want to head out. Yak or beach; either way works.

Sounds good, do you have a kayak yourself? I am saving up for a kaya but I currently only have a boogie board float rig. Its got a good flag on it but weekend boaters are a scary bunch which is why I currently try to sneak out to the more active spots on nice weekday mornings. Where do you usually dive? I find myself at the commercial buoys alot, but have been recently looking for new/other spots and planning to try visiting the aerojacks .75mi off of 17th soon. Although current, tide, boats and brown water is a factor.

• Welcome! I tried the jacks once but found nasty water, the buoys at commercial are overfished so there usually isn't much there. Venture out more and some can be found, although macs are thick in the 30' range. If your out there and find a euro shaft with about ten feet of blue 400lb mono attached id love to have it back. haha

• Sounds good, do you have a kayak yourself? I am saving up for a kaya but I currently only have a boogie board float rig. Its got a good flag on it but weekend boaters are a scary bunch which is why I currently try to sneak out to the more active spots on nice weekday mornings. Where do you usually dive? I find myself at the commercial buoys alot, but have been recently looking for new/other spots and planning to try visiting the aerojacks .75mi off of 17th soon. Although current, tide, boats and brown water is a factor.

Yea, I have a yak as well as a boogie board and lifeguard float rig so with one of the three I can do whatever kind of diving. I can always bring the yak (bright yellow) as a marker/mothership. The boaters are a bunch of idiots for sure. I have never hit the commercial buoys; I typically go around Sunrise and A1A .