Pelaj railguns

• I haven´t seen many pelaj railguns around, and I can hardly read any articles about them. They are currently running cheaper. I love mine, I think is far superior than any other railguns I have run into in the past. Any insights or info?

I'm a Speardiver, not a freediver

• Tono, the only thing that has deterred me in the past was the cost, what makes them different or better than a traditional, bare, pipegun like a rob Allen? Thanks

i like to spear fish

• I own a 150cm Kanji and find it to be a really well made gun. It is a little long for my liking but the reason I have it is because the price I got it for. The barrel has internal ribs that run lenghtwise making it resist flex when loaded, the rail also features mini ridges that run lenghtwise and reduce the contact area between the rail and the shaft and its suppossed to have less friction. The coating on the aluminum barrel is excellent and resist hits and scrapes very well and compared to other coatings I've seen on barrels like anodizing or regular powdercoating this one seems to be a little thicker. The stock handle could be a little big for people with small hands but it's perfect for me. Also some people would like to have more of an angle on the grip, something that the makers tried to solve with a new handle grip but I do not have it so I cannot comment on it. Things that I don't like is that there is not much space inside the mech for thicker mono with the stock shaft (8mm), that megatex rubber that comes stock has a nice smooth stretch to it but it's not very durable, bungie is made with same rubber and didn't last long but I find most bungies to be the same way with the exception of Riffe's and Rob Allen's and now trying Mako'sto see how much they hold. Shaft is like any other spring steel shaft with tri-cut tip and notches. The price for this gun was around $595 and while very well made I feel it was too much for a railgun. Now that they have come way down in price, around 260-300 I feel that it's a good gun to consider purchasing. It shoots very accurately out of the box but like any railgun you can fine tune it to your liking. I considered cutting mine down to 130cm if I cannot find a shaft for it with a rest tab and shark fins so I can put the mono on the fin and out of the mech, or a thinner (7.5) shaft. Also Kanjis were made to up to170cm making them one of the longest railguns available. Pelaj's Nemesis are also made with the same features of the Kanjis but with different muzzle (closed) and Specters have different cammo color on the barrel and a lower price.

• Way too much. But those are some cool features. The internal ribs are a great idea on a 130+ cm pipegun. Not sure if the rail grooves do anything but it sounds cool too

i like to spear fish

• They are runnig for 260 tops. Judda, the gun is very well made, super strong and very accurate. I currently own a Nemesis 140. And I had a Kanji 120 too. The only difference between them beside length is the open muzzle of the kanji and the thicker shaft and extra band. The tolerances of this guns are really thight. What I mean by that is the muzzles and handles have internal grooves to make them fit into the barrel with flawless precision. The camo work is superb and the pieces are really strong. The internals of the trigger mech are S.S. and it has a lifetime warranty. Best of all is tough as nails and is really accurate.

• I found this description of my self back in 2009 about pelaj nemesis, still it pretty sums it up:

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Toledo970
    Oh, ok. I just saw a pic of the mech. Sameole same ole. How do you like the gun though?

I´ ll tell you straight, actually I suffer from spearfishing gear desirability bias, since i now have such a gun, I tend to see its virtues, it really look better and it´s better quality than any other railgun i have ever ran into before, and I have shoot or previously had them all: Mako, Rabitech, RobAllen, sporasub. and I think Pelajs are better than those in many areas, they are sturdier, heavier, better looking and stronger than any of the mentioned guns, not mentioning the handle that is the shit if you have big strong hands :D Just ask Dan about that. Not to mention they come with a lifetime warranty. Still I prefer wood over rail any day of the week, but those are fun to own and shoot. The performance among them is negligible, no big deal, they shoot straight. Haven´t nailed too much stuff with them cause i use my Riffes 90 % of the time.

The biggest relative issue is they are a bit pricey though. They are guaranteed for life though. Meaning that if you have a failed mech 12 years from now, they will upgrade your gun for free. (if company is still running tho)

• They tried to sell the pelaj line here in America and it failed miserably. I remember the cost being a huge issue.

My friend owned one and he said it was heavy in the water and when the gun was loaded, there was a significant flex in barrel. He put a ruler on the barrel while gun was loaded and could see the barrel bending. Now these are his conclusions, not mine. He has used quite a few spearguns so I trust his opinion. My 2 cents.

• harry, do you kn0w if there are different lines of these guns? perhaps one with the reinforced barrell and one without...your friend's experience seems both unacceptable and suprising given the comments about the construction.

i'd like to hold one and see how they feel in the hand...although I have been lucky enough to have had no isssues with my RA's and have never found them lacking for my needs

i like to spear fish

• I never had an issue with my guns. They are very good. No flexing at all. I have heard about that kind of barrel flexing before though. I don´t see no points about an extruded alluminium barrel of any gun flexing for that matter, they are all the same. I mean, the extrusion process and the wall thickness of them all is pretty similar, the Industries tolerances are standard I think. Maybe your friend got yourself a lemon. Shit happens with any brand.