GoPro & Pursuit flat lens video competition

• Post your spearfishing or diving video shot with a Gopro camera and a Pursuit polycarbonate or glass flat lens Pursuit flat lens.

The competition will close once 10 entries are submitted (one entry per person). Then we'll have an anonymous poll for the members to choose the best video. The winner will receive a Gopro LCD backpac. The winning video will be used by Pursuit for promotional purposes. FYI I'm not participating :)

• Ramon, es una competencia por el mejor video Gopro hecho con la lente plana de Pursuit. Postea el video y cuando haya varios va haber un vote por los miembros por cual es el mejor video. El ganador recibira un LCD bacpac. El costo de envio del LCD no esta incluido.

• Incredible video. I googled a bit and came across a recount of what happened by the diver Mark Payne.

Quote from markpayne

Quite a good report. In this case I was running out of bottom time and desperate to avoid a long decompresion stop with this shark that dwarfed my cage and made me feel very uncomfortable inside the tight frame. After it had circled a number or times, I gained enough courage to confront it and after 14 minutes finally it went away.

Since my first close encounter in 1992 I have been able to observe Great Whites as they plan their various hunting methods on me. The usual method of a keen animal is to approch close at first and back off to an out of view circle with a few attempts of coming in at different approaches. There is no doubt that when this behavior happens I am being hunted as prey and I ensure I stay tightly on the bottom. Other times they just pass by on a mision to get somewhere. I actually completely forgot I had a video camera on my cage until after I got over the initial scare of the shark, and finally got back to my cage safely, and turned on my camera.

I have worked with CSIRO and Fisheries and currently carry an ac0ustic receiver on my cage but it is rare to come across a Great White with a tag. I tagged the first Great White in my Area off Esperance, Western Australia and am currently working with wafilmmakers who put this video on youtube.