I need help finding a large Reel

• Hey,

Spearing has been great in SC this year with lots of big fiesty sharks as well as big Pompano, Mahi, Cubera, Cobia and jacks. Now, Im in bermuda bluewater hunting with the pole spear. Wahoos have been giving me some trouble over here. I did shoot a 60 pounder yesterday only to have it rip out after making my buoy fly by at mach 1 then he dove and my bungy maxed out with my float 40ft down and the torque of the pole ripped out the spear. Oh well, I'll get one later this week.

As for my question, Im building a 140 wood euro for wahoo and sorts which my wong tuna is overkill. I would like to find a large reel. I have run out of line twice with my rob allen on my riffe 120 euro, so what else is out there? I know that if I stone them they dont run, but whats the fun in that? I would prefer a composite or aluminum reel so it won't affect the balance of a low mass wood euro gun, but I'm open to all options. I don't think a riffe or rob allen reel is going to cut it. Please help

Michael

• I have a 100m beuchat pacific reel with 100m of yellow 1.7mm spectra for sale. I also made an aluminum insert for it to mount to my wood gun. I'm selling it for $140 if you are interested.

It is way too much line for me, I'm getting an 80m reel.

Davie Peguero

• I have a 100m beuchat pacific reel with 100m of yellow 1.7mm spectra for sale. I also made an aluminum insert for it to mount to my wood gun. I'm selling it for $140 if you are interested.

It is way too much line for me, I'm getting an 80m reel.

I do like the reel, but that is retail pricing. Is the gun new?