He doesn't get to sleep by the fire for free...

• It's a one day paid training event where your dog gets exposed to the smell, sound and sight of a rattlesnake at the same time receiving an unpleasant physical stimulus such as from an electric shock collar. The dog associates the unpleasant stimulus with the rattlesnake and will avoid it in the future. The psychological principles of this training is sound and works in real life. These snake clinics are more common in the southern states. If I was taking my dog outdoors in an area where there could be a possible rattlesnake encounter I'd for sure take it to a clinic. It's especially important for dogs who have a lot of drive to engage other animals. Do an internet search for a clinic in your area.

• Same thing when training a dog to avoid poisoned meat in the floor. The dog must be acostumed to eat always at the same time by the same person the same kind of food. Once he dares to try a bit of the meat on the floor, he gets zapped and buzzed for good...

I'm a Speardiver, not a freediver

• With a buzz (electric collar) but the real issue is not how but when this stimuli are administered to avoid or discourage a behaviour. ( A big loud mouse trap will work as well) in order to extinct a certain behaviour, the dog will be subject to the effects of an aversive stimulus systems, that could be either:

A discriminated avoidance learning: When the behaviour is discouraged by the administration of certain punishment (electro shock) in a fixed amount and period of time

A free operant avoidance learning system, by which the behaviour is discouraged by the administration of a punishment (electro shock) in a random amount and period of time ...

• The reason I was asking is because I was wondering if in Mexico you've seen the better way of doing it. The problem with the remote control and collar is that you have to be there and see the dog take the bait. Most times for that to happen you will be too close to the dog to time it properly and the dog will associate the correction with you being there. It will in other circumstances when you're not present still take food. With the better system you leave the bait on the ground and the dog can access it at his time. The shock will occur in the dog's mouth. There is currently not such product on the market in the US. I've built one and plan to market it.

• The reason I was asking is because I was wondering if in Mexico you've seen the better way of doing it. The problem with the remote control and collar is that you have to be there and see the dog take the bait. With the better system you leave the bait on the ground and the dog can access it at his time. The shock will occur in the mouth. There is currently not such product on the market in the US. I've built one and plan to market it.

You have a point here. I guess it could be devised out of a modified (and huge) Skinner box, or maybe make the home a sort of huge skinner box to administer the stimuli in an aoutomatic, reliable and safe way ...