MPA's approved by OAL :(

• the summary:
    Fish and Game Commission Marine Protected Areas Title(s): 14
    Adopt:
    12/08/2011
    APPROVAL

Effective Date: 01/01/2012

Hit those spots while you still can, unfortunately a storm is coming next week.

• pv vis is deteriorating, hit it friday, no hali's or wsb seen. Vis 20-30 in the outer beds and hard reef, 5-10 in the coves. Took my last limit of scallops from my favorite pv spot :(. There are lobster around but many of them are shorts, the big ones are hiding in the deep caves/crevices.

• I hit up south la jolla yesterday briefly. Hopefull this baby comes soon so I can get in the water again.

BOBBERRYFISHCARVINGS.COM

• That's cute , you think your going to get more time in the water after the baby comes.:laughing:

Of course. mostly when the in-laws are in town and then in february she goes to canada for a week which will equal a week straight of diving for early web:thumbsup2:.

BOBBERRYFISHCARVINGS.COM

• Not buying a California license next year. I will buy a Mex, Hawaiian and Panamanian license instead.

I am highly tempted to do the same thing. I think a statement should be made and get a large group of california fisherman to not buy it for a month at the least and show them the power we do have. The problem is there are so many nay-sayers out there.

BOBBERRYFISHCARVINGS.COM

• I am highly tempted to do the same thing. I think a statement should be made and get a large group of california fisherman to not buy it for a month at the least and show them the power we do have. The problem is there are so many nay-sayers out there.

That would be a noble effort.:toast:

• I'm wondering what effect that will have on anything? The mpa's have to occur, it was voters passed the law a while ago and I'm betting the funds have already been set aside for the staffing, at least for the first year. I've seen and have been checked by more DFG this past year than any of my other years combined, what I've heard is that they have already hired a bunch of new wardens.

I'm all for not buying a license until march if it would have any effect.

• That is the question will it affect anything? The Dfg in San Diego said they were not getting extra staff to help enforce the mpa's.

BOBBERRYFISHCARVINGS.COM