For sale DIY rail gun accessory mount

• While making up a couple of rail gun camera mounts, it occurred to me that the Delrin clamping assembly is really the only part that is machined. After that, you can pretty much add whatever aluminum or plastic arm you want to support the camera. For that matter, you could probably use the same clamp to attach a light, spare shaft holder, or whatever you could dream up.

So I made up three extra clamps in case anyone has a DIY project that just needs a little help to get off the ground.

They are black delrin, 1.5" high by 1.5" wide by 2" long, and bored to fit a standard 28mm rail gun barrel. The stainless cap screws are size 10-24, and are 1.25" apart and countersunk flush. The delrin drills and taps well if you wanted to attach something other than with the two cap screws and knobs. $35 each shipped in the continental U.S.

• Beautiful craftsmanship from you as always. I'm sure those will sell very quickly at that price.
    The rail gun spike you made me works flawlessly on my RA 130 and still looks like new after many days in the salt water.
    Thank you for your continued contributions to our sport.
    I have another spearin equipment idea if you are interested.
    Thank you again.
    hau

• Hey Jeff,

I would like to have a camera mount, but the whole thing. I'm too leasy to figure out a way to attach my camera to my RA. Could you please come with something that doesn't put all the recoil pressure at the housing screw hole? Or maybe some dampening device to absorb it?

Shipping to Puerto Rico by USPS is the same cost as to the continental USA.

BTW, this design looks really nice.

Marco Melis

A bad day fishing is ALWAYS better than a good day at work.

• Marco - I agree that the single mounting screw is a concern, but I would like something cleaner than a tangle of rubber straps around the camera. I'll see what I can come up with. It would be nice to keep the simplicity of the single screw attachment to the camera, if some other part of the asembly could absorb the recoil? Possibly the arm which supports the camera could be partially constructed of something somewhat flexible? The trick, I think, would be keeping the arm stiff enough to hold the camera in proper position, but flexible enough to reduce the force on the mounting screw.