Greetings

• Hi all
    My name is Will and I dive out of Ft Pierce. I just picked up a pair of fins a few days ago from Dan and wanted to register and give a review of the fins (after I am able to get out with them). I'm hoping the weather gets good and I can try them out this coming weekend.

Cheers

• Welcome to the forum Will. How about a canal review in the meanwhile? :)

I haven't done too many canal reviews but I'll give it a go. The one I tried the fins out in was roughly 70' wide and ran for at least 0.75 miles in a North-South direction. The viz was a hazy 3' at best, slight thermocline at around 4' down. Depth varied from about 2' to a comfortable 10' towards the middle. There was a diverse array of wildlife present, most notably C. dif. and E. coli. I only spent 5 minutes in the water but it was a pleasant experience and I would have to recommend canal diving to other freedivers out there. (I recommend using a large dive flag as the passing boats in the area do not maintain a safe distance from divers).

:D

In all seriousness I tried 3 different fins, 2 of the C90's and the C100s. I went with the c100 as the action of the long blade was similar to my old fiberglass blades (Fisher). I really didnt use them enough to come up with a good opinion. Also only tried one stiffness and Im hoping they arent too soft (they felt way softer than my FG blades) but I felt like I was still moving quickly (could see anything in 2ft canal viz). When I get in the ocean with them I'll report back.