Speardiver Sizing Chart

• Is there a sizing chart with more detailed dimensions? Other wetsuit sizing charts i've seen also show chest and waist measurements.

Sorry for the odd question but i'd like to buy a pursuit suit and there doesn't seem to be any sizing charts showing measurements other than Height and Weight so this doesn't aid in my decision. I am 245lbs. but certainly not 6' tall which by the sizing chart says i should be based on my weight, at least if want the suit to fit correctly. I am 5'11" (Butterball). If i went with a XXL, would the extra overlap maybe around the knees be a bad idea?

Are there any shorter, stout divers here diving Pursuits? please advise, thanks.

• Your size is XXL. The differences in pant and sleeve length between the XL and XXL are small. Most important is that the suit accommodate your girth. If the sleeves or pants are a little long this is not a problem, if they bunch up a bit this will not break the seal and there will be no water in the suit.

• spea - I am the opposite of you as I am tall and lanky...the xxl is my suit and it fits like a custom...the legs end about two inches above my ankle...this is the area where if we were switched, it would affect you. Since you are in cold water, the extra length will ensure you are covered all the way....here in our toasty waters, even when it is 3mm time, my feet and ankle will never get too cold to dive.

the flexibilty and quality of the suits will over come and subtle sizing differences between divers.

i like to spear fish

• spea - I am the opposite of you as I am tall and lanky...the xxl is my suit and it fits like a custom...the legs end about two inches above my ankle...this is the area where if we were switched, it would affect you. Since you are in cold water, the extra length will ensure you are covered all the way....here in our toasty waters, even when it is 3mm time, my feet and ankle will never get too cold to dive.

the flexibilty and quality of the suits will over come and subtle sizing differences between divers.

Spea, sorry for the hijack.

LunkerBuster,

I'm curious to your specs, as I am tall and lanky as well. I'm 6'2" and hover around 165# maybe 170# on a good day. I feel when looking at the size chart that even the XL would be WAY to loose on me... I've been dying to get the red suit, but the lack on Tall or ML type sizes has held me back...

Gerald

Edited once, last by gerald ().

This kinda worries me that it fits you so well being "lanky", i'd really hate to stretch its width to the limits.

• Will do Dan, I still have to pic up a new pair of carbon fins as well. I was afraid that Judah and I might have different definitions of lanky....

• Gerald,
    I think the large would fit you fine. Give it a try, I am sure you could exchange it if it was not perfect. I have three of these suits and love them. The Red Suits Rock!!

• I would say the large would be a bit big. Im 6'1" and about 185-190 and The medium top fits me like a second skin. It isnt too tight and doesnt bunch. If you get a chance to stop by Dan's "Shop" try one on he will get you sized properly. When it comes to sizing and knowing Pursuit gear nobody knows it better than Dan.

• Gerald, the Red Suits Rock!!

That's exactly why I want it.

I wanna be just like you when I grow up, maybe with a little more hair, but that is probably wishful thinking..:cool2:.

• I would say the large would be a bit big. Im 6'1" and about 185-190 and The medium top fits me like a second skin. It isnt too tight and doesnt bunch. If you get a chance to stop by Dan's "Shop" try one on he will get you sized properly. When it comes to sizing and knowing Pursuit gear nobody knows it better than Dan.

Yeah, the medium looks fine when I look at the weights, but I am ALL legs, with a short torso and gibbon arms... I hate it when my pant leg stops 3" above my ankle and my sleeve does something similar, which is usually the case with Medium suits...