1st trip since January

• Finally got to go today!

Been on vacation for a week, weather has been bad up to yesterday. Got 4 mangrove, several sheepshead, 1 kingfish, and this Barracuda. Lost a shaft, that is the last time that I am going to use mono on the rigs. Never ever used it on anything other than some small guns till my buddies talked me into it last year. Lost a couple of shafts last year also.Going in the morning to get some cable at the ships chandlery store. Had a good time with my son, plan on going again soon. Saw thousands of Red Snapper (literally) and some big Gags.I guess thats why the season is closed on them. I heard a guy talking on TV about the "old days" on the Gulf Coast, and how there was more fish back then. This guy was younger than me, so I remember those days. We did not have Snapper in the 70's and 80's like we have today. We did have more big Amberjack closer to shore back then, and we speared the occasional Jewfish. But the snapper population is better than it was back then.Hopefully the season will be set soon, and we can shoot a few

• Hey John,

The king was maybe 30", just the right size for Sashimi. My oldest son and I are the only ones that enjoy Sashimi, so we grilled this one along with a couple of the Mangrove. If you have not tried King sashimi, you wont be dissapointed. Have you heard of using Barracuda in cevichie? someone told me about preparing cuda that way, but I did not believe them. I usually Grill or blacken mine.

• Hey John,

The king was maybe 30", just the right size for Sashimi. My oldest son and I are the only ones that enjoy Sashimi, so we grilled this one along with a couple of the Mangrove. If you have not tried King sashimi, you wont be dissapointed. Have you heard of using Barracuda in cevichie? someone told me about preparing cuda that way, but I did not believe them. I usually Grill or blacken mine.

we ceviche them in the keys sometimes, lots of lime juice, sliced onions cilantro and some salt/pepper

• Yep they're good for ceviche.

I've had Kingie sashimi before. Love it! I like to sear mine and eat it with ponzu and daikon radish.