Mid-handle guns

• Would like to get your opinions, I am thinking about a mid-handle gun but I mostly hunt shallow water reefs and I've been using the JBL Sawed-Off version since 1973. Dan mentioned in another post (handles) which are more ergo-friendly I use an Elite Sawed-Off Woody Mag and it's a great gun for my application but I hear alot of good things about mid-handles. I don't mind scratching up my JBL but I'm a poor man and it would break my heart to blemish a higher end piece of art. Is a mid-handle impractical for my application? Suggestions?

• heres what i normally tell people about where rear handles and midhandles are best

rear handle : best where the water is clear and you can fully extend your arm and gun to aim and fish arent huge (i know on the right day you can shoot any fish with any gun ,but for most people its a bad idea to go after a 100# fish with a thin shaft and flopper, and 1-2 bands )

mid handles are best in poor vis, around obstructions ,kelp , and for large guns where you want to shoot a heavy shaft 30' threw a 400# fish . the handle placement give you leverage to control a gun that large ,and on a small hole gun you get the handle to muzzle power of about a 20cm longer euro , in a much more usable package .

• Thanks Phil, I was going to send you a PM, but either I don't have my account set up for it or it's locked. Could be my settings since I'm not very computer savy.
    But sounds Like I should have been using a mid-hadle years ago.

• I used a Nemrod Clipper II (mid handle spearguns pneumatic), I remember it was comfortable to use in stalking and uncomfortable to introduce in some caves, I never acostunbre the trigger, it was very hard.

I personally draw much attention to a mid handle spearguns wood > to 120cm power band strech, 2/3 bands 5/8 shaft > 7mm. (for those days of clear water)

I never had interest in the wood, but seeing the woods we have here, I have to take it seriously

luck in your choice

Yo usaba un Nemrod Clipper II (fusil Neumatico mid handle), recuerdo que era comodo de usar para acechar y dificil de itroducir en cuevas pequeñas, nunca me acostumbre al gatillo, era demasiado duro

personalmente me llama la atención un mid handle spearguns wood mayor a 120cm con 2o 3 bandas y flecha > a 7mm, (para esos dias de agua clara)

Nunca me habia interesado en la madera, pero viendo las maderas que tenemos aqui, me lo estoy tomando muy en serio.

Suerte en tu elección.

José.

Un Hombre tiene que creer en algo.......
    Creo que me iré de pesca!!!