Meh Introz

• I gotta post here first so here it goes.

Grew up in FL and Bermuda... Snorkled and Dived both . In Bermuda we would go after the sea urchins and sell them to the asian markets. Now that I'm stateside in NOVA i want to get back into the sport but add a spear into the mix.

I walk the shorelines locally in the fresh water/ brackish for the snakeheads with a homemade spear.

I was inspired to get into spearfishing on my recent trip to NC where I saw a guy come up with 2 36" Stripers. Yeah, 4 days of fishing and all I had was a few skates, a flounder, a blue fish and that was it. To save face I bought fresh fish at the market.

I don't ever want another trip to turn out that way. I did harvest 10 5gal buckets of oysters though/.

• Good call! The great thing about spearing is that even if you don't get any fish, you've at least pushed yourself (whether physically or getting over your fears) and you learn something new every time you get on the water. And eventually, the fish start coming!

• Wherever I'm at with my Fishing buddy, the fish are there! But we always have some hiccup with gear. We travel all over the place for fish, and normally end up with a couple coolers full (limit). But then we get scared for the last few days of the wardens. Keeping all our fish on ice for a few days and then getting stopped by the Game Warden and some weird new statute is our worst fear.