Sea Ranch Area this last weekend

• Drove 10 hours to our AO called the secret spot by our friend/guide. We arrived late and prepared for a morning dive. Managed a few tasty critters and a limit of abalone. I took small ones to devour so that I could pick 3 more the next day. I then went out for an evening dive and was chased around the bay by a curious seal trying to take my fish. I was looking for uni but this wasn't the trip. I managed a few more perch but I didn't see any more rock fish. The next morning was a mad dash for the water and then back to pack up and drive the 10 hours home. I managed a nice green ling and another limit of abalone. While I was looking for abs I left my gun tied to a float on the bottom near some big abs well when I returned there was a nice ling laying next to the gun. I tried to get the ling but the kelp was too thick and I lost him as I was pulling my gun up. Anyway it was a fun trip. Looking forward to doing it again.

• Are you guys required to attach a tag to the abs? I always see them in pictures.

Yes as soon as you get on shore if your diving from a non powered craft you need to fill out tags. If your diving from a powered craft you fill out the tags when you get on the craft.

• Nice! I'm headed back up on a bonzai run June 9-10 to grab two limits. Hopefully I can get into some fish this trip.

Long Beach Neptune

USCG 50GT