The new GoPro dive housing

• The long anticipated flat lens solution from Gopro is finally here. At an affordable $49.99 it pretty much puts an end to all but the very cheapest other flat lens solutions. Though the Makrolon flat lenses are still indispensable for the 3D housing. The new dive housing is very nice, I'd rather use it than our own flat Makrolon lens. The only concern I have is that the surface area of the new lens is quite a bit larger, and is more likely to receive a hit where it hurts. But that won't stop me from using it, I'm sure Gopro used decent glass. The Gopro dive housing is available from spearfishing.store, and to sweeten the deal included is a red color correction filter with a precision Torx screwdriver for installation.

Not to be outdone, and wanting to continue offering divers the leading Gopro underwater video package, FreediveStore.com is offering its own flat glass lens dive housing included with every Gopro hero2 camera. Our flat glass lens housing is a complete unit that works out of the box. It's very similar in design to the new Gopro dive housing and is waterproof to 200ft (80m), with no vignetting (dark corners) in any resolution.

And here's Greekdiver's video again (my favorite) to remind us what it's all about ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dc7YXy9xbtc

• I'm a big fan of Dan's products I'm going on 3-4+ years with my fins (constant abuse) and they are perfect. Anything Dan recommends is of great quality and tested prior to being offered to his customers.