New from Nor/Cen CA

• Hey, I'm Rick and glad to be a part of this board. From what I've seen thus far, I like the vibe I'm getting from it.

I live in the southern portion of the SF Bay Area, so I frequent the waters of the Monterey Peninsula, as well as the North Coast. I've dove in SoCal a few times, but never outside of CA, though I hope to eventually.

I've been diving for a little less than 2 years, since the age of 14. Early on, my diving was exclusively for abs with the cheapest, used equipment I could muster. This included an old scuba suit from the 1980's, in which I could only dive a couple hours at a time before a mind-numbing level of cold would set in. Gradually, I acquired better equipment, and my skills have improved. Now, I much prefer hunting fish over abs, and spearfishing has become my all-time favorite sport/hobby (obsession ;) ).

I'm capable of diving anywhere from 2 to 70 feet of water, and my favorite type of hunting is making deep drops in good vis in pursuit of vermillion rockfish.

My other interests include cycling, hiking, camping/backpacking, running (cross country/track), wrestling, and wild edible foraging, especially mushroom hunting.

See you out in the water! :)

• Haha welcome man. I just finished a dive up in Mendo for abs. Driving south to SF as we speak...

Long Beach Neptune

USCG 50GT