June Gloom Oysters

• Today is harvest day...

Inoculated bird seed about a month ago with oyster spores...

Ten days after inoculation the jars are fully colonized with mycelium....

Transfer colonized seeds to pasteurized wheat straw...

Wheat straw after 10 days in dark, high CO2 environment the mycelium have colonized the straw..

Wheat straw moved outside to fruit. Should get three flushes from these bags.

• All of them. I like rye berries as my casing substrate. The specifics of the mix, substrate( moss, vermiculite, soil, rye berries, wheat germ) and the moisture will vary and you want to check the net for good recipes. A pressure cooker is essential.

Looks delicious buddy. I have attempted to grow many types of delicious shrooms and I have about 80% success. Your harvest looks great. Make sure you have good controll of the venting in your fruiting chamber. If you can close it off between fruits you will build the co2 and then 02 flush to fruit. It has helped me greatly on some species

i like to spear fish

• All of them. I like rye berries as my casing substrate. The specifics of the mix, substrate( moss, vermiculite, soil, rye berries, wheat germ) and the moisture will vary and you want to check the net for good recipes. A pressure cooker is essential.

Looks delicious buddy. I have attempted to grow many types of delicious shrooms and I have about 80% success. Your harvest looks great. Make sure you have good controll of the venting in your fruiting chamber. If you can close it off between fruits you will build the co2 and then 02 flush to fruit. It has helped me greatly on some species

Thanks for the tips. After the first flush I dunked these in water and put into new poly bags to build CO2. No Fruiting chamber. I put them in the shade under a hedge row. Finally getting a second flush. Hopefully the weather will cooperate. :toast: