Lionfish Derby

• I typically just shoot them with a para tip, lip them, and snip off the fins with shears. It's easy to do, even at the surface.

What time and where are we meeting up?

Mike, PM/text me your number so we can link up Friday.

• It looks like there is a public boat ramp just down the street from the 15th street fisheries where the weigh in is. I will try to confirm this but for now lets make that the rendezvous point for saturday morning. what time is up to you guys. the tournament is from sunrise (approx 6am) until 5pm, I think we had decided to stop fishing by 4 and head in for the weigh in. I can be there at any time in the morning

The address for the boat ramp is 1784 SE 15th street, ft. lauderdale

• Well as a total scrub I would suggest we leave as late as you guys will permit so I can sleep hahaha

I can be there whenever but I'd rather not be there too much before seven.

i like to spear fish

• 419 lionfish died, none of them were shot by us. Viz was 35 in the morning and shut down to maybe 20 in the afternoon. We did find some hogfish though. Almost all of the fish in the derby were killed between 90-170 fsw, it was a very fun event and I'd consider doing it again. Thanks to Al, Judah and Shawn for joining me out on the water today.

• quick update...some cool images of the guys diving...i also dropped the gopro at one point to get into a tight cave and had to surface before i could retrieve it...the shot of me getting it happened to come out really cool

i like to spear fish