Simple question.

• Have you ever used the pictured locking snap? A tuna clip is faster by a couple of seconds. But we're talking about connecting a gun to a float line. This is not a connection that you need to take apart more than a couple of times throughout the day. Tuna clips have an advantage maybe when you're not using a float line and need to temporarily clip the gun to your belt. But tuna clips are bulky, and I find they dangle and stick out all over the place. Making it difficult to fit the butt of the gun into a gun rack, they get in the way sometimes when you change the grip on the gun in the water, also the tuna clip grabs the float line and doesn't allow it to turn freely making it stick out in inconvenient angles. A tuna clip wasn't designed for this application. I'd rather tie and untie a knot every time to connect the float line to my gun than use a tuna clip, then my gear is more streamlined.

• I am also anti Tuna Clip. A small shackle does a fine job. Or better yet. No metal, just a spliced loop of spectra on your float line, pulled through the loop on your gun (or on your breakaway setup).

Dustan Baker